Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

DGatzby

7000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
We actually drive it somewhere (dinner) last night and parked it out of my sight!! It was still there when we were done.:cool:

Bowtie Guy

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
I know this is going to bring thoughts up about Cheech & Chong

Has anyone seen or heard from Dave ?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I know this is going to bring thoughts up about Cheech & Chong

Has anyone seen or heard from Dave ?
Dave's not here:whistle:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Washed car then used griots synthetic clay with their speed shine and went over the car. Followed up with turtle wax hybrid ceramic spray coating. This will be the most i will do in the wax department. I dont think it needs anymore, nice and smooth. I use turtle wax ceramic car wash and when i drive in the rain i don't use the wipers much being it beads so well off the windshield 20240713_112322.jpg 20240713_112211.jpg 20240713_112420.jpg

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Okay, I have to ask...

Why did you buy clay that's supposed to be used on 24 cars? Do you have that many?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Okay, I have to ask...

Why did you buy clay that's supposed to be used on 24 cars? Do you have that many?
actually I have thousands. Most are still in the package so they won't need it but you never know:unsure:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Crap!

Looks like Trump derangement symptom has been taken a new to a new level.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Now the signs people held, saying "Joe is fired", can be changed to "Joe has fired".

Wow, looks like I guessed completely wrong on that one. The guys was supposedly a registered Republican.

Last edited:

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Yesterday I trailered the RE to Land speed trials, took it off the trailer and went back to the AB&B. This morning I asked the wife to check her iphone for the itag, said it was in Wallingford CT 500 miles away at a trucking company! The itag on the trailer said it was at Loring AFB where the car should be! I skipped breakfast, didn't even grab a coffee and screamed up there. No prob, it was just sitting there pretty as a picture. An hour later, wife texts that it now shows the car at the AFB. Really lousy way to start the day.

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Hoping for 200 at land speed trials. One guy did the 190 in the Texas mile, I figure if I could 188, then 200 in the 1.5 should be a slam dunk. It was hot, humid with a crosswind, only did 183.4 in the 1mi, I shut down, no shot at 200. Very disappointed. I was running the OEM P0AS 275 tires at 40psi cold figuring low air and rolling resistence. I was slipping and sliding all the way to 100, only then I could give it full throttle.

Weater forecast is slightly better tomorrow, dropped tires to 35psi, I'll be ready for the first run. Thinking I maybe should have brought the PS4S 305's...

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
@2ndAmend good luck tomorrow, would love to take a run up there one of these years.

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Thought I felt something yesterday, but after today it is obvious I have a trans problem. WOT at 117-118, the shift hesitates a sec, like maybe the trans is stuck and won't make the shift and the rev limiter kicks in slowing me down, and it is getting worse. I got to the local shop and the owner's son has used Diablos before and helped me get a wifi connection (PITA) then reload the PCM and TCM tunes for pre-stage, then do it all over again for Stage 2.

No help. I did several short runs for the car to re-learn then did a 1mi and it hesitated worse then ever. It is conceivable that this bad shift could cause me to lose the 3-5mph I need.

I called the PB dealer and I could only get "the guy's" vm. Hope to talk to him tomorrow but my gut tells me is is probably a trans prob and not a trans tune prob.

Now I am anticipating the conversation with the Dodge dealer about how my car shifts badly at 118...

Member ID
Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2011 Challenger SRT
Thought I felt something yesterday, but after today it is obvious I have a trans problem. WOT at 117-118, the shift hesitates a sec, like maybe the trans is stuck and won't make the shift and the rev limiter kicks in slowing me down, and it is getting worse. I got to the local shop and the owner's son has used Diablos before and helped me get a wifi connection (PITA) then reload the PCM and TCM tunes for pre-stage, then do it all over again for Stage 2.

No help. I did several short runs for the car to re-learn then did a 1mi and it hesitated worse then ever. It is conceivable that this bad shift could cause me to lose the 3-5mph I need.

I called the PB dealer and I could only get "the guy's" vm. Hope to talk to him tomorrow but my gut tells me is is probably a trans prob and not a trans tune prob.

Now I am anticipating the conversation with the Dodge dealer about how my car shifts badly at 118...
Yea the PCM can increase line pressure and raise shift RPMS but sounds like you have a mechanical issue with maybe a laggy shift solenoid.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6

Bright side, should be under warranty being as you only modified with DC?

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Bright side, should be under warranty being as you only modified with DC?
Yeah, first I'll call the PB dealer and see if there are any software updates, start with the easy things first. If that doesn't fix it, and the only way I'll know is to go to a street night at the dragway, I'll ask the dealer to fix it. Just not looking forward to him saying "We can't fix it if we can't reproduce it, and we're not going to let out tech drive at 120."

Last edited:

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Even in the heat, bad wind and bad trans, I still hit 195. If it gets fixed and I get a good day, it might hit 200, but won't have another chance for a year... 2024_LTA_Tickets.JPG

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
This is at-speed, you can tell by the corners of the hood pulling up. Bull pointed that out to me last year!
2024_LTA_At_Speed.jpg

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Would you be allowed to lower the front by half an inch or so, or does it have to be completely stock?

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Would you be allowed to lower the front by half an inch or so, or does it have to be completely stock?
They do not inspect to that level so yes. I'd rather not. If I can do it with a stock RES2, that would be cool and good enough for me!

I considered smaller dia tires but that might make the speed limiter kick in earlier. I was told there is a secret limiter at about 203.

One note, last year I did 191 with PS4S 305's but the Performance History remembers 194. I did 195 this year, and the Performance History still says 194.