Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Insurance

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Does anyone have a suggestion on affordable insurance coverage for these monsters. After 30yrs with State Farm and one comprehensive claim ( hail damage)they have decided to put me on the brink of selling one of my cars. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I have great coverage and premium with Travlers. Good luck.

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I pay $403 month for full coverage on 4 vehicles, including 2013 Ram 1500, 2014 Wrangler, 2021 Jeep Cherokee and the 2022 Challenger SS along with one 2016 HD Road Glide Ultra, my home (with riders for valuables) and extra acreage, my new property with garage and an umbrella policy. That was with the $21/month increase on this renewal
What company?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I pay $403 month for full coverage on 4 vehicles, including 2013 Ram 1500, 2014 Wrangler, 2021 Jeep Cherokee and the 2022 Challenger SS along with one 2016 HD Road Glide Ultra, my home (with riders for valuables) and extra acreage, my new property with garage and an umbrella policy. That was with the $21/month increase on this renewal
That's crazy cheap...

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
I really gotta look @ alternatives for my auto coverage...none of my cars are DD...but they all have conventional coverage...it's my guess I'.m getting crucified and don't know it
I would definitely shop around. You may be surprised how much you can save.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Hard to compare insurance with others here being every state is different. Every state is in America and it should be the same for all of us. Michigan is one of the higher states. A few years ago I called around and was given quotes 3 times more then what I was paying!

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Every state is in America and it should be the same for all of us.
Nah. I don't feel like paying high insurance premiums just to subsidize those who live in flood areas, where there's lots of traffic, fire risk zones, high theft areas, where tornadoes are likely, or alligators can attack.

Yes, every state is in America, but every state is different. And by breaking it down by zip code (or however they do it) I thankfully don't have to pay south Los Angeles prices.

Not that I think all that many have insurance there.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Nah. I don't feel like paying high insurance premiums just to subsidize those who live in flood areas, where there's lots of traffic, fire risk zones, high theft areas, where tornadoes are likely, or alligators can attack.

Yes, every state is in America, but every state is different. And by breaking it down by zip code (or however they do it) I thankfully don't have to pay south Los Angeles prices.

Not that I think all that many have insurance there.
Michigan is high and I have none of that. Live basically in the country. I pay more then some living in a big city. My point premiums need to be based on your driving. I was told mine is higher then some because I'm more likely to hit a deer, really

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Sounds somewhat similar to what my situation in California was. And guess what...premiums were quite high. There are other things playing a big role in costs.

If premiums were based on my driving I probably couldn't afford to insure more than one car, but what they don't know can't hurt them. Anyway, how would you suggest they go about setting the price based on driving?

Should the vehicles report when, where, and how, they are driven? Should we use log books like commercial drivers do? If going by miles driven per year, which is partially already in effect, I should damn near get paid to have insurance.

Never heard of the risk of hitting wildlife being a factor. If so, my premiums could be higher. There's plenty of elk, deer, and free range cattle (in the summer) here. And at least a couple of people per year die from hitting deer within less than 10 miles of here.

If I had any say so in the matter I'd like to see the driver, not the vehicles, being insured. I can only drive one at a time.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Sounds somewhat similar to what my situation in California was. And guess what...premiums were quite high. There are other things playing a big role in costs.

If premiums were based on my driving I probably couldn't afford to insure more than one car, but what they don't know can't hurt them. Anyway, how would you suggest they go about setting the price based on driving?

Should the vehicles report when, where, and how, they are driven? Should we use log books like commercial drivers do? If going by miles driven per year, which is partially already in effect, I should damn near get paid to have insurance.

Never heard of the risk of hitting wildlife being a factor. If so, my premiums could be higher. There's plenty of elk, deer, and free range cattle (in the summer) here. And at least a couple of people per year die from hitting deer within less than 10 miles of here.

If I had any say so in the matter I'd like to see the driver, not the vehicles, being insured. I can only drive one at a time.
Some insurance is based on how much you drive. I dont get how im paying way more then someone that lives in a different state in the same kind of area I'm in. I have seen peoples insurance 1/2 what mine is, I dont get it

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
As far as how you are driving with one of those readers. My insurance guy said it doesn't make much of a difference and being I go to the track wouldnt work for me

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Some insurance is based on how much you drive.t
Yep, that's why I wrote "...which is partially already in effect" above. I think 7,500 miles per year is my limit, but not even the 3500 (it gets by far the most miles on it) reaches even half of that on average.

Heck, the other day I noticed that I haven't put gas in the 1500 for over a year, kinda proving it's a long way from the 7,500 mile limit. The Challenger might very well be similar, and I need to put some Star Tron in at least those two.

Anyway, as mentioned earlier, different states means different rules and regulations. Which equals different costs.
Just like that registration costs, fuel prices, housing, and a bunch of other things vary quite a bit between different states.

Maybe it's more equal in Russia, but I don't want to find out..

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
State Farm has increased their rates through the roof (coast to coast)..on auto coverage...even walked away from some markets altogether....I hear tell Fla. is the worst...but it's not just them...just gotta shop around:rolleyes:
Yep it’s insane. Literally insane.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Yep it’s insane. Literally insane.
Insurance fraud...increased car thefts..skyrocketing auto repair prices..not to mention the litigious climate created by personal injury lawyers...where every minor accident results in lawsuits costing tens of thousands....it had to happen sooner or later...

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
It’s not that, It’s a scam, and they overpaid nationwide and now they’re trying to recoup money. The larger, nation wide coverers. All large companies are making record profits while slashing workers, raising prices citing inflation. Inflation is a mess, but companies are just using it as an excuse
Fixed it for you, Holy.

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
It’s at the fed level, they have to go to the feds and request a rate decrease. Some carriers already have, but the fed has to approve it. Cuts and raises. It’s making up for all the money they paid out all at once over the last few years. They screwed the selves by not managing the money well. Wouldn’t be surprised if there was a bailout like they did the banks

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
It’s at the fed level, they have to go to the feds and request a rate decrease. Some carriers already have, but the fed has to approve it. Cuts and raises. It’s making up for all the money they paid out all at once over the last few years. They screwed the selves by not managing the money well. Wouldn’t be surprised if there was a bailout like they did the banks
I wouldn't say they mis managed funds ...as it is a case of an imbalance of premium to loss ratio

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
It’s not that, It’s a scam, and they overpaid nationwide and now they’re trying to recoup money. The larger, nation wide coverers. All large companies are making record profits while slashing workers, raising prices citing inflation. Inflation is a mess, but companies are just using it as an excuse
Overpaid who nationwide:unsure:

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country