Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Tazer or BurnBox

Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger
I did some research but didn't get much info.

What additional features do they provide besides allowing for IC pump and Fan to come on and line lock (both are great features). Not interested in the "light show".

Also, how are you guys data logging a pass?

Sorry new platform for me.

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Lights, logging, some options you’ll never use. Burnbox is all you need

OP
T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger
Thread Starter #3
Thanks! Trying to see if HP Tuners provides all of those things.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thanks! Trying to see if HP Tuners provides all of those things.
I datalog with HP use the burnbox for linelock and cooldown. Cooldown seemed to help during eliminations last time out. Used a few times in between rounds and the blower stayed cool

OP
T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger
Thread Starter #5
Don't you have to have HP tuners connected to datalog? If so, how do you do the line lock with the burnbox since it has to be plugged in also. Or maybe, I just don't know how all of that works!

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Don't you have to have HP tuners connected to datalog? If so, how do you do the line lock with the burnbox since it has to be plugged in also. Or maybe, I just don't know how all of that works!
I use my obd port under dash for datalogging and have the 18+ harness in the trunk (z-automotive makes it) called the double bypass which adds another port for the burnbox. For people that have 18+ there are splitters and such where you can get to them from the under dash

OP
T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger
Thread Starter #7
I use my obd port under dash for datalogging and have the 18+ harness in the trunk (z-automotive makes it) called the double bypass which adds another port for the burnbox. For people that have 18+ there are splitters and such where you can get to them from the under dash
Interesting. With a 2015, do you know if I have any options like that? Too bad HP Tuners doesn't have that capability in their software.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Interesting. With a 2015, do you know if I have any options like that? Too bad HP Tuners doesn't have that capability in their software.
Up until 18 the standard obd port works. You can add the double bypass in the trunk for a second port like I did

OP
T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger
Thread Starter #9
Up until 18 the standard obd port works. You can add the double bypass in the trunk for a second port like I did
Apologies... I am new to the "high tech world of the Hellcat platform". Can you give me some assistance as far as what I need to purchase, etc.

Even though my other hot rod is a fuel injected turbo Dakota, it is nothing like this. Thanks!