Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Insurance

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
That could get expensive. And really sucky if it's not your fault.

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
What are the odds? 100:1 of a total? Then $1000 for the life of the car is right.

Paying $1200/y for 10y is $12k. If your adds on a total were 8:1, than that would be correct. Other than excessive profits, what am I missing?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Just plowed through a couple of weeks worth of mail, and naturally insurance stuff was part of it.

Realistically, $352 per month isn't all that bad for six cars and a toy hauler, all of which have full coverage except for a Jeep JK. Keep in mind that it includes the 'Cat and TRX, not just the V6 Challenger, the Ram 3500, and the Durango.

I could see dropping theft coverage, but the way I drive collision could be a good thing (elk and deer can do a fair amount of damage) even if I do manage to stay on the road. Liability is a must in this day and age, with high limits.

Not that I wouldn't like paying less, but hey, if that's what it takes to enjoy life...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
We are not required to have car insu here. I have been tempted to go without it.
o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O...yer jokin right...:unsure:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Hopefully it stays on your side of the lake
Even better it can head north east to visit 1971 & take a tour over the falls into lake Ontario
Easy there Tie Guy.....we don't need no freakin gators round here,,,maybe he makes his way to Crystal Beach...yer president would probably give him the keys to the city...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Just plowed through a couple of weeks worth of mail, and naturally insurance stuff was part of it.

Realistically, $352 per month isn't all that bad for six cars and a toy hauler, all of which have full coverage except for a Jeep JK. Keep in mind that it includes the 'Cat and TRX, not just the V6 Challenger, the Ram 3500, and the Durango.

I could see dropping theft coverage, but the way I drive collision could be a good thing (elk and deer can do a fair amount of damage) even if I do manage to stay on the road. Liability is a must in this day and age, with high limits.

Not that I wouldn't like paying less, but hey, if that's what it takes to enjoy life...
As a Kid...I had the min. liability coverage....now..multiple layers..with an umbrella big enough to cover a stadium...@ my age..got too much to loose:oops:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Yeah, but it's unfair that my rates go up.

Everybody else should pay their fair share so I don't have to.
You wouldn't want my insurance bill:(

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
You wouldn't want my insurance bill:(
True, I wouldn't.

I don't even want mine. Which I'm sure is much lower.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
True, I wouldn't.

I don't even want mine. Which I'm sure is much lower.
I've never shopped specialty markets...(everybody says I should)...my agent is a long time personal friend...I'm not really sure how much I pay..(my wife is,,she pays the bills...with MY money)...I've often told her I really don't wanna know..:oops:

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
That’s rediculous cheap in today’s market. I think your agent made a mistake

OP
S
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
23 challenger hellcat jb-23 Chrysler 300c
Thread Starter #91
Hard to compare insurance with others here being every state is different. Every state is in America and it should be the same for all of us. Michigan is one of the higher states. A few years ago I called around and was given quotes 3 times more then what I was paying!
Yes, I’ve gotten a few different quotes. All have beaten my current (State Farm) car insurance by several hundred dollars but my house coverage was as much as one thousand dollars more through different insurance companies. Basically a wash.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
What are the odds? 100:1 of a total? Then $1000 for the life of the car is right.

Paying $1200/y for 10y is $12k. If your adds on a total were 8:1, than that would be correct. Other than excessive profits, what am I missing?
Higher than 100 to 1

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I've never shopped specialty markets...(everybody says I should)..
I checked with Hagerty and Grundy a few years back. It would've cost about the same or more.

One of them also insisted on insuring all my vehicles, which turned out to be a time consuming phone call...which then got really interesting when getting to the Pete and its toy hauler. The Pete had been insured as an RV since I got it, at a low cost.

So I left well enough alone.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
That’s rediculous cheap in today’s market. I think your agent made a mistake
He might have thought so, too, since one day (maybe 10 years ago) the girl in the office that I was dealing with and her husband came over "just to say Hi". That was a 150-mile one way trip for them.

Anyway, guess they liked what they saw and nothing changed in any way. Surprised that the cars they thought would be garaged but weren't was never brought up.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
Made claims for hail
On 5 autos mostly junk
I pay comprehensive only on
Most of them and two trailers.
Collected over $29,000 total
Couple years ago
Bought a new truck with it.

Last edited:

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I had Liberty Mutual for all my insu for 5 years, then at renewal everything jumped! I called the agent and they said I no longer had my "new customer" discount! So, I said, they screw their best customers, she agreed, and placed me with different companies!

Also, I have $1k deductible and NO frills like towing, rental car, etc. The objective is to NEVER make a claim, unless it is a big one. Eat all the small stuff and the lower premiums will more than pay for it. And if you simply make a claim for towing, you get dinged!

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
It’s all a scam

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Hell NO!
It's a "Business Model"! And a very successful one!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I checked with Hagerty and Grundy a few years back. It would've cost about the same or more.

One of them also insisted on insuring all my vehicles, which turned out to be a time consuming phone call...which then got really interesting when getting to the Pete and its toy hauler. The Pete had been insured as an RV since I got it, at a low cost.

So I left well enough alone.
And Holy Guy says yer a dummy:rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I had Liberty Mutual for all my insu for 5 years, then at renewal everything jumped! I called the agent and they said I no longer had my "new customer" discount! So, I said, they screw their best customers, she agreed, and placed me with different companies!

Also, I have $1k deductible and NO frills like towing, rental car, etc. The objective is to NEVER make a claim, unless it is a big one. Eat all the small stuff and the lower premiums will more than pay for it. And if you simply make a claim for towing, you get dinged!
Got that right....even on our commercial trucks..(BIG TRUCKS)...I don't file claims under 3500/4000....I have very attractive rates..and want them to stay that way...:cautious::cautious::cautious:;)