Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hello everyone my names nate I recently purchase a “full” hellcat swap need assistance

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Get rid of it before it gets stolen again

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I thought I've read on this very forum that a Hellcat swap is easy and can be done in an afternoon, using only a spatula and a hand mixer?
Uhhh that was a recipe for oatmeal raisin cookies you read...(but both can be done in an afternoon)

GNBRETT

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Trackhawk, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Stang, Golf R
They have these things called PARAGRAGHS bro.... Cool build tho.

OP
Natethegreat88
Member ID
Reactions
City
Philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 hellcat redeye WB swapped 2012 300srt8
Thread Starter #24
Nothings cool till it’s running but thanks. i been so stressed out back and fourth tow here tow there it starts to fry your brain a bit. I just was quoted today 1300$ just to paint my front bumper and yes it’s brand new so minimal prep would need to be done that doesn’t even sound right ! 😂 🤦 seems as though I’m going to have to store the car until I see hopefully one day on eBay someone selling a full set of “2022 charger redeye jailbreak computers W/keys” and I probably have a better chance of hitting the lottery. it’s pretty crazy how the dealership won’t work on the car, and just make there money I have proof of sale and they can easily run my vin to see the motors not stolen I just don’t understand them but they sold me a un programmed RF hub 🤦

OP
Natethegreat88
Member ID
Reactions
City
Philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 hellcat redeye WB swapped 2012 300srt8
Thread Starter #25
I me
I thought I've read on this very forum that a Hellcat swap is easy and can be done in an afternoon, using only a spatula and a hand mixer?
and sometimes it is just that easy on most copart swaps but that’s if your lucky, most people when they start these they always somehow end up way over there projected budget unless the car you buy as donor is fully functional when everything is pulled from it but then still everything needs to match computer wise if your missing 1 thing it can cause a bunch of warning lights on dash especially when swapping into a 300srt8 appose to another charger to charger swap as most of the year differences in plugs and also due to it being a redeye they don’t come with fog lights and the headlights need to be wired also along with fog lights directly to the car so yea parts of the job can be super technical and another unexpected part was when we droped front and rear cradle to my 2012 to put the 2022 cradles in from redeye all 8 cradle bolts all snapped dead in half for some reason it’s the only thing/bolts that seem to have grew really bad rust so took a extra 2-3 hrs just to fix the snapped cradle bolts and replace with bigger/stronger bolts went with almost 2x as thick for anti rust purposes and strength especially when accommodating a car with 900hp my tune on high octane is 1022Hp my redeye drivetrain has a upper pulley upgrade has injectors ported blower oil catch can and can run E85 if wanted

Attachments

Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Brah be more accurate

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I majored in English..snd Latin in school....you would never know it by my posts..lack of structure ..and correct punctuation...uhhh (@ the risk of sounding rude)...quite frankly I don't give a fuck o_O:giggle::giggle::giggle:;)

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
I majored in English..snd Latin in school....you would never know it by my posts..lack of structure ..and correct punctuation...uhhh (@ the risk of sounding rude)...quite frankly I don't give a fuck o_O:giggle::giggle::giggle:;)
I am right there with you! Trolls love to point out th the grammer and forget about the problem. OKAYYYYYY so what!
I'm here to help where I can. I've been listening to accents for over 40 years. It doesn't matter if english is broken. It just matters when someone need help!

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I dont think anyone hears accents when reading text unless you say it in your head lol but this whole thing is shady most likely why the dealership doesn’t want to touch it. Not going to get everything to run unless everything is from the same car and has the same vin

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I am right there with you! Trolls love to point out th the grammer and forget about the problem. OKAYYYYYY so what!
I'm here to help where I can. I've been listening to accents for over 40 years. It doesn't matter if english is broken. It just matters when someone need help!
I've recently developed a problem with accents...I spent a TON of money on my sons education..(as I'm sure a lot of members have for their kids)...it was money well spent....he was born and raised and educated in WNY...his career took him to Pittsburg Pa. over 20 years ago...my son and I talk every other day....I've noticed he has adopted a PA accent...I asked him the other day....when da fuck did you become a Hillbilly...it's a rubber band...not a gummy band...and your mother and I are NOT yins...when you ask when we're coming down don't say...are yins comin down?...you are a degreed professional..Not Jed Clampet...I swear Linda...you Pa folks sure can talk funny @ times...which begs the question....I can only imagine what that swamp runnin...cauldron stirrin...southern Rebel Hunter sounds like...:rolleyes::giggle::giggle::giggle:;)

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Download Alfa obd, might be able to program the rfc control module. If not, you’ll need to get in touch with a shop that has a witech. They can do it for you

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
I've recently developed a problem with accents...I spent a TON of money on my sons education..(as I'm sure a lot of members have for their kids)...it was money well spent....he was born and raised and educated in WNY...his career took him to Pittsburg Pa. over 20 years ago...my son and I talk every other day....I've noticed he has adopted a PA accent...I asked him the other day....when da fuck did you become a Hillbilly...it's a rubber band...not a gummy band...and your mother and I are NOT yins...when you ask when we're coming down don't say...are yins comin down?...you are a degreed professional..Not Jed Clampet...I swear Linda...you Pa folks sure can talk funny @ times...which begs the question....I can only imagine what that swamp runnin...cauldron stirrin...southern Rebel Hunter sounds like...:rolleyes::giggle::giggle::giggle:;)
Pittsburg is totally different place from where I live. I will agree how the Pittsburg people speak. They go to Floorida, In the Fourest they go, drink Pop, eat orr anges. use a Ham...mer
Many pockets of people and different areas all over the country that speak so different, and I think I can say, You or I.
Most any city in our Country is very different in lanquage accents. And then there are those similiar pockets.

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
*r ange

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
I me

and sometimes it is just that easy on most copart swaps but that’s if your lucky, most people when they start these they always somehow end up way over there projected budget unless the car you buy as donor is fully functional when everything is pulled from it but then still everything needs to match computer wise if your missing 1 thing it can cause a bunch of warning lights on dash especially when swapping into a 300srt8 appose to another charger to charger swap as most of the year differences in plugs and also due to it being a redeye they don’t come with fog lights and the headlights need to be wired also along with fog lights directly to the car so yea parts of the job can be super technical and another unexpected part was when we droped front and rear cradle to my 2012 to put the 2022 cradles in from redeye all 8 cradle bolts all snapped dead in half for some reason it’s the only thing/bolts that seem to have grew really bad rust so took a extra 2-3 hrs just to fix the snapped cradle bolts and replace with bigger/stronger bolts went with almost 2x as thick for anti rust purposes and strength especially when accommodating a car with 900hp my tune on high octane is 1022Hp my redeye drivetrain has a upper pulley upgrade has injectors ported blower oil catch can and can run E85 if wanted
It's never that easy.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
Pittsburg is totally different place from where I live. I will agree how the Pittsburg people speak. They go to Floorida, In the Fourest they go, drink Pop, eat orr anges. use a Ham...mer
Many pockets of people and different areas all over the country that speak so different, and I think I can say, You or I.
Most any city in our Country is very different in lanquage accents. And then there are those similiar pockets.
TV has wiped out a lot of regional accents.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
I dont think anyone hears accents when reading text unless you say it in your head lol but this whole thing is shady most likely why the dealership doesn’t want to touch it. Not going to get everything to run unless everything is from the same car and has the same vin
The voices in my head have all kinds of regional accents.

The dealer won't touch it because (a) it's not a like kind swap and they don't want to get involved in a potential emissions snafu and (b) they don't want to tie of a service bay for the foreseeable future (which this will) while all of the bugs get worked out.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
If you can’t get it figured out pm me I’ll hook you up with a buddy in Florida who has done the RE to 300 swap many times. Looks factory when he’s done with them.

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I don't mind accents, unless it is unintelligible. I don't mind or even notice grammar, and if anyone has read one of my posts they would understand why. But run-on sentences, and one never ending paragraph require me to sort out changes in thought and context, which i do not find entertaining, which is the reason I read posts in the first place.

(New Paragraph-change of thought)

Until the OP starts writing concise, organized, coherent sentences and paragraphs presented in a way to make a clear point, I'll skip his posts. I find it offensive when someone expects me to sort through and understand their gibberish. If they want my help/opinion, the least they could do is communicate in a respectful manner.

(New Paragraph-change of thought)

I don't like to sound like a snob, but I'm old and tired, and if the person speaking makes not effort to be clear, I will make no effort to understand.

MMissile

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb County
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Hellcat WB
Us old guys seem to have retained more, or been taught more.

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Us old guys seem to have retained more, or been taught more.
Or the young'ins text a language we don't hablar! :ROFLMAO: