Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Visiting a car dealership tomorrow to see a trackhawk 2021. Anything i should know?

Member ID
Reactions
City
NJ
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
JEEP
Visiting a car dealership tomorrow to see a trackhawk 2021. Anything i should know, look for, questions i should ask, sales scam?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
If it's my old one and nobody has driven it since I sold it with some 1.200 miles on it you're getting a great car. If not, all bets are off.

Not sure why, but for whatever reason Trackhawk owners seem to be especially hard on them. much more so than Durango or TRX owners for example.

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
It’s that awd for launches

Bowlerguy92

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Hellcat Charger Redeye Widebody
If it's my old one and nobody has driven it since I sold it with some 1.200 miles on it you're getting a great car. If not, all bets are off.

Not sure why, but for whatever reason Trackhawk owners seem to be especially hard on them. much more so than Durango or TRX owners for example.
They’re the YouTube vlogger de jour because they take no skill to launch with the AWD system.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Look for signs it's been beat on. Make sure there are receipts for the maintenance, especially the oil changes if you want to take advantage of the rest of the 5/60 warranty. See if you can get the service records (or at least a CarFax) & try to determine if it's been back for a lot of issues. Do all the electronics work? Any unusual noises, smells, damp/wet carpet spots? I'd also have them move the car from it's parking spot while you watch & see if it look like there are any leaks - even better if you can get it up on a lift & look around yourself ! Don't mention any of that till you get there.

You might want to consider an OE extended warranty.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Make sure there are receipts for the maintenance, especially the oil changes if you want to take advantage of the rest of the 5/60 warranty. See if you can get the service records (or at least a CarFax) & try to determine if it's been back for a lot of issues.
I wouldn't necessarily judge a vehicle by those things.

Carfax isn't perfect and as for as they know, none of my vehicles have ever been serviced, despite getting their first oil changes at around 500 miles or so, having magnetic level plugs installed, etc.

Actually, if it's a private seller and he/she seems legit, I'd much prefer buying the car from him/her than one that has been subjected to dealerships, for whatever reason.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I wouldn't necessarily judge a vehicle by those things.

Carfax isn't perfect and as for as they know, none of my vehicles have ever been serviced, despite getting their first oil changes at around 500 miles or so, having magnetic level plugs installed, etc.

Actually, if it's a private seller and he/she seems legit, I'd much prefer buying the car from him/her than one that has been subjected to dealerships, for whatever reason.
Well...he said he's goin to a dealer...I believe he's in NJ...if the dealer is as well...ButtaBoy better bring a stick of LandOLakes unsalted with him....I wouldn't trust ANY dealer in NJ...:cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious:;)

OP
B
Member ID
Reactions
City
NJ
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
JEEP
Thread Starter #8
Hey Guys thanks for the suggestions - I spoke to the dealer again and they indicated it was a Demo Vehicle - it has fairly low miles for the year etc and I just don't know the ramifications of the Demo car piece of it and how much of a discount should I ask for.

They indicated there is still 6 months left on the Manufacturer Warranty and of course I'm looking for an extended warranty. This is a "luxury auto dealer" whatever that means so my concern is they are doing a bait and switch but I guess we will see tomorrow.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Other than that the break-in procedure for the diffs most likely didn't happen at all (and very few people do it correctly anyway), I wouldn't worry too much about the demo part. Yes, it was likely stomped on before it should've been, but so are the vast majority of them.

What would concern me is the possibility of numerous cold starts and short trips. Part of that you can check both by what the Lie-O-Meter says about the average mileage, and maybe more importantly the average mph for the life of the vehicle.

For example, my Ram 3500 that is always towing something has an overall average of 62 mph. Don't expect to see numbers like that, but if the number is really low I'd give it some thought. That'd be mostly city driving which is hard on everything.

OP
B
Member ID
Reactions
City
NJ
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
JEEP
Thread Starter #10
Well, you know it sounded too good to be true and it was exactly that, I should have listened to all the 1Star reviews on the dealership itself and avoided wasting our time but the lure of the elusive good deal got me.

When I called and asked all of your questions here and a bunch of others I was assured it was still available - not only still available but someone else had an appointment so I better hurry! ( should have known better ) I asked again and again if there was anything wrong with the vehicle and if they were sure it was still available. I asked about the warranty and was told it had 7 months left or 36000 whichever comes first. Sounds legit, sounds like someone might actually know. Well you guessed it, the vehicle was nowhere to be found!!!! Amazing Right. When I asked WTF they said the price had been reduced because the vehicle was in an "unreported" accident. Sounds fishy to you? Yeah me too.... Ok but hey a small ding no worries let me see it. Ah well actually it isn't even here we sent it back? However you can view this lovely 2021 for $105,000.

Sent it back where? We get all our TrackHawks from auction he says.... right but this one says its been with you for 507 days and you just said unreported accident. Look bottom line the whole thing was fishy and a waste of time... Thank you all for your input and yes it was the one listed in New Jersey, Black listed for $84,000 with 2980 Miles - oh well back to the drawing board. Honestly the sales person was nice enough and gave us his card I really don't blame him or the folks answering the calls ( found out they are a third party vendor ) everyone is just doing their job however the "management/owners/officers" need to re-evaluate how they use outside answering services or at the very least disclose that. There are multiple reviews of similar experiences being reported about that specific dealership so clearly there is an issue. Vehicles don't magically disappear within and 35 mins of our last call. Again, I don't blame the sales person (he was nice enough) but this is not a legitimate business practice period! 21 Century Auto Group In Springfield, NJ so you can be aware.

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Scammers that sucks dude

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Well, you know it sounded too good to be true and it was exactly that, I should have listened to all the 1Star reviews on the dealership itself and avoided wasting our time but the lure of the elusive good deal got me.

When I called and asked all of your questions here and a bunch of others I was assured it was still available - not only still available but someone else had an appointment so I better hurry! ( should have known better ) I asked again and again if there was anything wrong with the vehicle and if they were sure it was still available. I asked about the warranty and was told it had 7 months left or 36000 whichever comes first. Sounds legit, sounds like someone might actually know. Well you guessed it, the vehicle was nowhere to be found!!!! Amazing Right. When I asked WTF they said the price had been reduced because the vehicle was in an "unreported" accident. Sounds fishy to you? Yeah me too.... Ok but hey a small ding no worries let me see it. Ah well actually it isn't even here we sent it back? However you can view this lovely 2021 for $105,000.

Sent it back where? We get all our TrackHawks from auction he says.... right but this one says its been with you for 507 days and you just said unreported accident. Look bottom line the whole thing was fishy and a waste of time... Thank you all for your input and yes it was the one listed in New Jersey, Black listed for $84,000 with 2980 Miles - oh well back to the drawing board. Honestly the sales person was nice enough and gave us his card I really don't blame him or the folks answering the calls ( found out they are a third party vendor ) everyone is just doing their job however the "management/owners/officers" need to re-evaluate how they use outside answering services or at the very least disclose that. There are multiple reviews of similar experiences being reported about that specific dealership so clearly there is an issue. Vehicles don't magically disappear within and 35 mins of our last call. Again, I don't blame the sales person (he was nice enough) but this is not a legitimate business practice period! 21 Century Auto Group In Springfield, NJ so you can be aware.
Well Butta boy....told ya that stick of LandOLakes was gonna come in handy :oops:....you aint in Kansas wearin ruby slippers...yer in NEW JERSEY.:rolleyes:..where half the employees @ car dealerships are on parole..:eek:..well...better luck next time...just don't give up....(y)

covidcommander

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Jersey ain't that bad

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat

Don't ever ask someone you are planning to buy from about the condition of the item. They have a vested interest in not being completely honest. They are, after all, trying to sell said item.

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I don’t know about that, some people are honest and have integrity

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
I don’t know about that, some people are honest and have integrity
Oh, right, I forgot about all of the many complimentary car-buying threads I've read on here.

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
You said anyone selling anything. Selling a car? Yeah probably shady. Parts? No so much

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
No one ever posts if they have a good experience with someone, they rarely ever leave feedback (feedback has to be left before the thread is closed). You only hear when people have a bad experience

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Case in point : I’ve sold a lot of things on here, to big people on the forum. Have not received any feedback on here except through message that they were satisfied and everything was as expected

06SRT10NR

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Knobnation
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat M6
must've missed the feedback requirement to close a for sale thread. something recent?
edit: i'm one who'd normally aack receipt, etc in the pvt msg