Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Never been so underwhelmed...

OP
MMissile

MMissile

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb County
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Hellcat WB
Thread Starter #41
Ah, yes. The Europeans at Stellantis thinking they know what the stereotypical American buyer wants. They probably think that Capone still runs Chicago.

I just can't see anyone spending $80k for this. Maybe I'm wrong.

I thought I'd never say this, but we're looking at BMW or Audi for our next car.
I looked at Audi's, before purchasing my 300C and Cat.

SilverBillet

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Some here are Debbie Downers, add some flame graphics to that bad boy and send it
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but the body lines are pretty plain looking. The classic Mopars had distinctive body accents.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Is that the fuel filler door on the side of the car, or is it the door the kids use to get to the back seat? That thing is huge!

OP
MMissile

MMissile

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb County
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #44
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but the body lines are pretty plain looking. The classic Mopars had distinctive body accents.
Generic "people's car" kinda crap.

72 440 Barracuda

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
It also looks nothing like the concept car, not even close. The concept car had a big shelf on the fenders that looked like the old charger. Not even close now. If they kept it looking exactly like the concept it would have been nice. They really butchered this one. The challenger concept car the only thing that really changed was the rear windows don’t roll down, I remember seeing it at the car show before it came out. Just horrible execution for the production car why couldn’t they have kept it closer to the concept
I have to admit when I compare pictures of the production car (white car in this thread) with the concept car pictures (the black one), the concept car did a much better job - the lines seem much more pronounced and sharper, the front end lines now have get too much curve at the edges, and the hood lines seem toned way down.
In the concept car many of those subtle changes helped make it work, adding a connection to the 68-69 - in my mind. I would have to see it in person, but they seem to have gone the wrong direction for me... not real surprised, but I thought initially it was just seeing the car in white - color can drastically change the appearance.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I thought I'd never say this, but we're looking at BMW or Audi for our next car.
You might be on the right track.

My girlfriend started with BMWs, then went with Porsches, and now it's Audis. There's decent power in some of them.

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Yikes! You guys are wasting waaay too much time discussing a non-starter :ROFLMAO: like this. We should give it what it deserves, a quick and painless (for us) death. Accept that it is a colossal failure by Stellantis, they no longer care about our demographic, move on, our next car will be from a different corp. We would be more productive discussing replacement candidates, EV's need not apply.

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
First member to get one gets lifetime ban

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
First member to get one gets lifetime ban
Naw! Keep then around for laughs! :ROFLMAO:

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
It literally just blends right in

Bowlerguy92

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Hellcat Charger Redeye Widebody
I guess it's natural that this forum has shifted focus to the next generation of Stellantis products, but, let's face it.....we all already own hellcats and none of us will be interested in what's to come. Not gonna happen. No chance. This forum itself will likely eventually become a time capsule of what was the greatest generation of muscle with little new discussion, as sad as that is.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I looked at Audi's, before purchasing my 300C and Cat.
Audi's are great....till the warrantee is over:oops:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Naw! Keep then around for laughs! :ROFLMAO:
Why???..doesn't UnHoly guy give us enough to laugh @...he's bald ya know...o_O

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
OP
MMissile

MMissile

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb County
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #55
I had a couple in the 80's.It was the sun-roofs and vacuum door-locks that always broke.......
They ran and drove great.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Why keep them that long? My girlfriend normally doesn't keep any car until the warranty is expired. The current exceptions are her '19 Redeye and '21 TRX.

Her Audi Q8 was replaced by an SQ8 within a year, then she had that one for two weeks before trading it in on an ordered RSQ8. No warranty worries when going about it that way.

And speaking of, her TRX's dash started coming apart the other day (apparently not completely uncommon) and the dealer said that he bets he can get Stellantis to pay for that - some six months out of warranty.

72 440 Barracuda

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
All this talk about other brands got me thinking, and it's really got me wondering about any future car purchase. Lets just say I have owned a few cars in the last 40 years, I'm not currently in the market and don't have any plans in the near future for a new vehicle, but the last 6 new vehicles I've purchased where Chrysler products (not to mentioned the used ones). Looking at the offerings and prices of the last few years and especially right now, I wouldn't seriously consider Chrysler products as an option any longer.
I do like to look at vehicle designs from all manufacturers and the Hellcat Challenger sitting in the garage was purchased because of the retro design and the Hemi powerplant. The car was not purchased as a daily driver and it was also very expensive for me - given it was never intended as a daily driver. Take the retro design or the Hemi away and the odds of me purchasing the car go down to almost zero.
I say this because I think Stellantis is totally off base when it comes to understanding those of us that purchase Chrysler products and have supported the brands for many years. If I were in the market for electric (and I am not) I would seriously consider Tesla or others first. If I were in the market for a "green" vehicle (not even sure what that really means) I would go for a hybrid of some sort. If I were in the market for a fun car (I have quite a few of those right now, so that need is fulfilled) I don't see an option from Chrysler.
My point here is that Chrysler is in a no win situation where their product is concerned. They have alienated their base and are not in serious consideration for the markets they have placed themselves in. How do they even go forward with this much of a disadvantage?

SilverBillet

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
You would think the US market is their biggest market? Maybe they are trying to attract the younger generation? However, they don’t seem to realize that the baby boomers are the ones with money and their product line is not cutting it.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Uhhh...BTW...happy Birthday (y)(y)

Member ID
Reactions
City
Columbia
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Scat Pack Shaker
S
Why keep them that long? My girlfriend normally doesn't keep any car until the warranty is expired. The current exceptions are her '19 Redeye and '21 TRX.

Her Audi Q8 was replaced by an SQ8 within a year, then she had that one for two weeks before trading it in on an ordered RSQ8. No warranty worries when going about it that way.

And speaking of, her TRX's dash started coming apart the other day (apparently not completely uncommon) and the dealer said that he bets he can get Stellantis to pay for that - some six months out of warranty.
She must have rich parents or she’s a millionaire.