Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Satera Tuning Rings Of Hell

sc4.6

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Port Stanley
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Challenger Redeye
I have been using this pulley system for just over a year and it has been working great, the clutch action is excellent. The only downside I have come across so far is that the blower has to be lifted to swap the rings, even with changing my thermostat housing to the UPR housing for more clearance there isn't enough room to swap pulleys. Some custom work to my thermostat housing this winter will fix this. I'm with @16GoManGoHC2 , it's a great setup.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
I have been using this pulley system for just over a year and it has been working great, the clutch action is excellent. The only downside I have come across so far is that the blower has to be lifted to swap the rings, even with changing my thermostat housing to the UPR housing for more clearance there isn't enough room to swap pulleys. Some custom work to my thermostat housing this winter will fix this. I'm with @16GoManGoHC2 , it's a great setup.
Agree here, exactly correct, stock Tstat housing snout in the way to change pulley shells, a clockable one may get out of the way enough but I have not tried one.

Octanewide

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Agree here, exactly correct, stock Tstat housing snout in the way to change pulley shells, a clockable one may get out of the way enough but I have not tried one.
What about the thermo clocker from TBA?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

sc4.6

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Port Stanley
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Challenger Redeye

I have been meaning to try the thermoclocker before cutting up my UPR housing, but I haven't felt the need to change out my 3.1 pulley this year, so it has been on the back burner. I will eventually get around to trying it and report back here. The ROH pulley rings are a fair amount larger than your typical quick change pulley, so they require more clearance to remove them.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle

This is the one I was referring too

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
This is the latest ROH Clutch hub for the IHI, it’s thicker (larger OD, more wall thickness to support the ramp type clutch bearing underneath) then the plain 4140 pre hard steel used in the previous model(the shinny one). See in the shinny one how it swelled? Where it swelled That’s right where the clutch bearing is underneath. Took 2 hours to get the shell off, then came trying to get the clutch off the shaft to use on another blower, no way, the inner hub was squeezed down on the threads so hard it would not come off, had to send the whole snout back to Satera. I think they had to cut the shaft, They got it off, rebuilt the snout, replaced the shaft with a new one, and returned it too me with the latest hardened clutch on it and replaced all my previous design pulley shells with new ones as their ID and bolt pattern changed with every new clutch hub design. They replaced the pulley shells for free every time. Their R&D is must be costing them a fortune but like their warranty states, no questions asked or hassles replacement. That is what has kept me using this product. And I think they got it right this time. IMG_2595.jpeg IMG_2596.jpeg IMG_2597.jpeg IMG_2284.jpeg IMG_1878.jpeg

Look at this big boy that I used on my Whipple 3.8, and it still made 30 lbs of boost!!!

IMG_0853.jpeg

GNBRETT

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Trackhawk, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Stang, Golf R
My clutched pully from Satera lasted 3 days then broke and left me spinning with no boost! 3 days! Reliability? No! Went with grip tech have had zero issues since.

Hi guys! It's been a while. Does anyone have experience with the Rings of Hell clutched changeable pulley system from Satera Tuning? It sounds like a great idea. I'm curious about reliability though.

Wizza

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stafford
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat
I have the TBA clocker for the thermostat housing on mine even with GripTec pullies......makes a good amount of clearance and helped when I had to get the initial stuff removed for the water pump removal

Attachments

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Seems like a lot of weight and rotating mass on the snout

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Seems like a lot of weight and rotating mass on the snout
About the same weight and the stock size pulley.

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Personally I’m a big grip tech fan.

Octanewide

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States

2ndgen

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orem
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Griptec is just a coating. Satera offers Griptec coating on his clutched pulleys. Many pulley vendors offer it.

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Is griptec clutched?

They are not. But I can tell you this. Out of my customers and just in general. I have seen more broken snouts from a clutched pulley failing then a solid pulley not being able to back spin.

Octanewide

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
They are not. But I can tell you this. Out of my customers and just in general. I have seen more broken snouts from a clutched pulley failing then a solid pulley not being able to back spin.
Ok and stock blower pulleys are clutched correct?

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I would much prefer a clutched pulley, but it appears no one can make one as well as the factory can. I have been running a solid with an idler for 60+ 1/4 passes and 30k miles or so. No issues yet. And I was against upper pulley because the offerings weren’t clutched in the beginning. If you want to stay clutched, get the pulley that comes on the 3.0, port supercharger, headers, lower, and try and find power elsewhere if you really want. The staged kits are also flawed because they use hellraiser pulleys, which not sure why they fail when they’re the same manufacturer of the OEM ones. Must be subpar materials. Under the dust cap on the Hellraiser pulleys, does it say made in Germany?

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Just a reminder, superchargers have been running without a clutched pulley for about 50 years now. And to answer your question @Unholy707 yes it does.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Ok and stock blower pulleys are clutched correct?

Griptec does sell a pulley and it is non clutch. Jon and I have been running them for years. Stock pulleys are clutched but I have seen no reason to run them

Octanewide

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
I'm glad people have had good luck with solid upper pulleys. I think Dodge engineered a clutched pulley for a reason. The SC itself only keeps timing by a press fit internally--even it's not keywayed... thus anyone running a non-clutched pulley is on borrowed time????
Another reason maybe is our crankshafts have no keyway and the dampner is press fitted.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I'm glad people have had good luck with solid upper pulleys. I think Dodge engineered a clutched pulley for a reason. The SC itself only keeps timing by a press fit internally--even it's not keywayed... thus anyone running a non-clutched pulley is on borrowed time????
Another reason maybe is our crankshafts have no keyway and the dampner is press fitted.

You can run what pulley you are comfortable with but there are no issues with the blower pulleys spinning, it is not pressed on, it screws on. I have heard of a lot of clutched pulleys taking out the snout though