Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Just checking in

Trader history for Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC (2)

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Just checking in to see how everything is going. I have been checking in but have not been posting much.

Just an update to my car I did a head and cam swap and picked up over a 10th at the same timing. Cant wait to see what it runs when I am not running a class.

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Just checking in to see how everything is going. I have been checking in but have not been posting much.

Just an update to my car I did a head and cam swap and picked up over a 10th at the same timing. Cant wait to see what it runs when I am not running a class.
Although I havent dealt with you before, I have heard many positives comments from others that have. Care to elaborate on your head and cam swap in more detail? I always want to learn more...

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
That’s top secret
Although I havent dealt with you before, I have heard many positives comments from others that have. Care to elaborate on your head and can swap in more detail? I always want to learn more...

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Pictures or it didn't happen!

:p

OP
Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
Although I havent dealt with you before, I have heard many positives comments from others that have. Care to elaborate on your head and cam swap in more detail? I always want to learn more...
Sure I had an off the shelf cam before. I didn't care for the power range. So I did a custom spec which actually I need to post for sale now that it has been tested as I have them in stock now. Essentially, I speced the cam in a way where the powerband is across the entire RPM range. Doing this you will give up some "peak" hp but where you spend most the time and for street fun it makes plenty of power. I really think I hit it about perfect for a street strip car. If I wasn't worried about drivability I would spec the cam slightly different. But it went 8.90 shifting at only 6500 rpm, a soft launch, Low timing and only 17psi in 2600 da I was impressed. I think before this would have been around a 9.0-9.1. I was running a 9.0 class went out and ran this and couldn't believe it.
This Cam has 3 degrees of overlap the old cam was 6.5 degrees.

OP
Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7

Bowlerguy92

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Hellcat Charger Redeye Widebody
Sure I had an off the shelf cam before. I didn't care for the power range. So I did a custom spec which actually I need to post for sale now that it has been tested as I have them in stock now. Essentially, I speced the cam in a way where the powerband is across the entire RPM range. Doing this you will give up some "peak" hp but where you spend most the time and for street fun it makes plenty of power. I really think I hit it about perfect for a street strip car. If I wasn't worried about drivability I would spec the cam slightly different. But it went 8.90 shifting at only 6500 rpm, a soft launch, Low timing and only 17psi in 2600 da I was impressed. I think before this would have been around a 9.0-9.1. I was running a 9.0 class went out and ran this and couldn't believe it.
This Cam has 3 degrees of overlap the old cam was 6.5 degrees.
Is that cam you're talking about the one that I have? Power curve is pretty much perfectly linear, definitely did a nice job on it.

For those that haven't seen this, here are the 93 and race gas pulls Jim did in 5th gear. Almost a straight line.
1722532635876.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
Is that cam you're talking about the one that I have? Power curve is pretty much perfectly linear, definitely did a nice job on it.
Sure is. You have 1 of the 4 out in the wild!