Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

No throttle, Limp Mode, Belt Slip,

Member ID
Reactions
City
Sudbury
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat 6MT
Hello All,

I’ll keep this short and sweet. Sort of lol.

2.85” Metco upper - Bought used
9% IW Lower - Bought used (Forum)
108mm NW TB - Bought used (Forum)
Id1050’s - Bought used (Forum)
Ported snout - Myself
Legmaker Intake

I had it tuned by a great friend of mine who has worked with Mike at OST Dyno. (I would send data logs with HP he would send revisions), So I’m pretty sure it’s not in the tuning as it was strong up until now.

Problems..

About 3 weeks after my final
Revision. I started feeling surging in higher RPM and gears boost felt like it would cut in and out, would pull in 4th and about 4500rpm you’d feel what felt like boost kicking off then on, and the car just feels slower since the tune. I did a pull from 2nd to 3rd then 4th and in the higher rpm you feel it cut in and out of boost.

my tuner said my stock pump is pretty much begging for help and I need to upgrade I said OK so I ordered pumps. Still waiting for them to come in….

today I was leaving my families cottage and I threw it in 4th from 6th and I laid into it, at 4000rpm ZERO throttle the car felt like I put it in neutral I was like okay that’s NOT good. Then I got back into it, would barely creep past 2000rpm even WOT could still cruise at 100kmh

I got to a light and the engine sounded like it was missing, I turned from the light. I couldn’t go over 35KMH…in 1st ***I will say this and I know I may get some hate. I understand I am very busy with my business and I forgot, will say happened a few times.. I will be way more ontop of it now*** My fuel level was under a 1/4 tank*** Yes I know doesn’t help. So if that’s all it was, was I finally killed my pump great. But I just want confirmation. Only reason I say this, is I shut the car down on the round about. Restarted and I had full power again.

I have heard the Bypass Valves going bad. Although stock valve, I just don’t know if any of my USED parts could have been an issue as well.

has anyone experienced this and it was NOT a fuel pumpIf not,

here is the real question.

what’s the best pump option for my setup? Just a twin pump drop in from Fore? I have roll racing July 20th at Toronto Motorsports park and I need these pumps like YESTERDAY if so.

***Also side note, I have belt slip/squeak when I shift gears sometimes or downshift idk if it’s from the tune higher HP and I need a SC Tensioner but it happens more often than not which sucks. Any advise on that is helpful, no I don’t know which belt drive is “slipping” no signs of black dust on SC. But maybe cause I’m not “clutched SC pulley” it’s that?

any advise is appreciated.

thanks!

Jordan

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Tapped performance makes the kit for some of the different shops. They are normally built on order so you may want to call around and see if someone actually has one on hand. You may have a tough time finding one and getting it in hand to install it. Installation doesn't take too long and you should be able to find videos to help you

With working on the tune, you should have datalogs, what are they showing for fuel pressure and duty cycle of the injectors?

As far as the belt goes you shouldn't be having any slippage with that set up. The standard black gates belt I have found work the best and make sure the tensioner is close to center

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Need a log, it should tell all if the right parameters are in it.