Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Let’s build a race car

Am I insane?

• Total voters

covidcommander

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
So I'm having a hard time with a lot of things right now. Parts being delayed, not arriving on time, etc... I am fully standing by the statement that the last 10% takes 90% of the time. So here is an example.

I place an order with Vibrant 8/20. Spoke with guy in shop and it should be here today 8/30. Call this morning to see if my silicone elbows have arrived. No... won't be here till next week.... Yeah well they didn't fulfill the order...

Went on Amazon, searched for 45 degree silicon elbows, read reviews, looked at photos. Overnight, will be here tomorrow morning. Same thing with Fore... It's like I try to be loyal and support outside of Amazon and then I get fucked by late fulfillment or just long waiting periods.

Anyway end of rant. Did some trick shit with LED strips, shift lights and the Holley Dominator, will be making a video later. I swear to god Monday this car will be starting.
Hard to compete with Amazon. Same thing happened with my oil filters

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Hard to compete with Amazon. Same thing happened with my oil filters
When I realized how hard it was to compete with Amazon, I bought some of their stock. It’s quadrupled since then.

Last edited:

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #564
Well went to flip the switch on the fuel pumps and nothing. Holley sent me an unfinished harness.. I'm fuming right now.

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
We’re still living in 2020 apparently when everything is still garbage and there is no quality control. Hope you get it sorted out man, shame you’re probably down until at least Tuesday now

Last edited:
OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #566
Im not down at all. I closed the hood, closed the doors opened the garage door and pushed it outside and pulled the hellcat back in. That was the straw that broke the camels back.

covidcommander

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Im not down at all. I closed the hood, closed the doors opened the garage door and pushed it outside and pulled the hellcat back in. That was the straw that broke the camels back.
Round 2

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #568
So to set the stage, I am so close to starting the car. I wanted to use the Holley to trigger the fuel pump when the car and ignition is flipped on. This seems 100% plausible as it will be going to my fuel pump relay and they provide a trigger wire, exhibit a.
IMG_3882.jpeg
Well, I get everything wired up and get it sent to the relay in the trunk and sure enough nothing is happening. So I checked the Holley dominator configuration file and everything seems fine. Well then I start inspecting the wiring and this is where things go south fast.
IMG_3884.jpeg
Red wire is power from the battery green wire is out to the relay black is ground and where that white plug is is where the red wire should be coming from the dominator and at this point, I’m scratching my head hard. Well, let’s go inspect the harness.
IMG_3883.jpeg
Where the fuck is pin A2?
This is where shit gets annoying, as there should be a red wire there and there isn’t so this means Holly sent me an unfinished harness and I am so livid as I can’t trust this harness because now I have to do inventory and make sure everything is correct. In the interim, I took pin a28, which is external tachometer that I am not using. And pinned it to A2. Sure enough the pumps come on, but it acts more like the old Hellcat style instead of the drag Pak and so at the end of the day it’s actually fucking useless anyway so I have to scramble and see if I have any pins and wire length long enough to go to the MSD relay. Reached out to Holley on Facebook and of course nothing.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #569
So close to starting… fuel cell leak…
IMG_3959.jpeg
draining now. Going to clean the aluminum and add more filler 😂

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #571

We have reached the end of the build. Its all downhill from here. Gonna fire it up tomorrow and get the idle tune ready.

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Looking good man!

MMissile

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb County
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Hellcat WB

We have reached the end of the build. Its all downhill from here. Gonna fire it up tomorrow and get the idle tune ready.

What music you listening to? Car looks great!
You gonna put the firewall between the interior and trunk?

covidcommander

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
What tires and rims you run?

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #576
It was a really shit ass weekend. So lets get into it.

Holley and stupid fucking pin A2...

This caused me such headaches, I cut the stupid relay out but not knowing that the relay also powers coils and injectors. So I sat there for almost 24 hours pulling my hair out before I traced the harness again and found this information. So fuck that mechanical relay. Took pin A2 and routed it to my MSD relay, took the green line and extended it to my MSD relay. Coils and injectors came back.

WTF Injectors are bad...

So now that I have the injectors back only half of them are firing off. Well fuck me... I purchased 1700s from a member here and they only had 12 passes on them. Well 4 of them are fucking dead. It is 100% not his fault, injectors were tested by me when I had my business and they all pulsed. Well now they are not... Don't know if they sat too long? Well they are out and I had a friend lend me 1000 FIC, since I'm only using these for idle and base testing they are just fine. @Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC just sold me some 2200's... Well now what will I run out of first? Pump or injector... LOL Probably neither. So all injectors are pulsing and Holley made debugging this easy with output pin testing.

ROOKIE TUNING MISTAKES
Well I'm a noob, taken multiple classes, taken multiple in person and online courses. Well they only prepare you for the real deal, not the actual real deal. So there is one table that is a multiplier of the fuel calculation.

1725905236810.png

Well this is a multiplier... And in my infinite wisdom I set it to 0 across the board so nothing interferes with startup/idle testing. Well any number multiplied by 0 is well FUCKING ZERO...

BAD O2 sensors from the factory...

God damn shit piss fuck cunt HOLLEY. I'm giving them a call tomorrow and getting it warrantied. Right now I'm tuning with one wideband on the drivers side.

HOWEVER...

Pissed me off to high hell. But however curiousity killed the cat, writing a base tune brought him back. I present my first ever idle. She is sounding better. Also pro tip, any car can idle without an IAC and I have mine idling at 1100 about right now. Going to move it up to 1500 to mirror the Drag Paks.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #577
@MMissile I have to change the routing of the return line and create a fake shelf as the bars run through the speakers. I know you posted on the "other" forums and it is appreciated. I'll have to see what's out there or I may go to the metal supply place myself and see what I can get done.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #578
@MMissile the song is Steambreather by Mastodon.

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
It was a really shit ass weekend. So lets get into it.

Holley and stupid fucking pin A2...

This caused me such headaches, I cut the stupid relay out but not knowing that the relay also powers coils and injectors. So I sat there for almost 24 hours pulling my hair out before I traced the harness again and found this information. So fuck that mechanical relay. Took pin A2 and routed it to my MSD relay, took the green line and extended it to my MSD relay. Coils and injectors came back.

WTF Injectors are bad...

So now that I have the injectors back only half of them are firing off. Well fuck me... I purchased 1700s from a member here and they only had 12 passes on them. Well 4 of them are fucking dead. It is 100% not his fault, injectors were tested by me when I had my business and they all pulsed. Well now they are not... Don't know if they sat too long? Well they are out and I had a friend lend me 1000 FIC, since I'm only using these for idle and base testing they are just fine. @Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC just sold me some 2200's... Well now what will I run out of first? Pump or injector... LOL Probably neither. So all injectors are pulsing and Holley made debugging this easy with output pin testing.

ROOKIE TUNING MISTAKES
Well I'm a noob, taken multiple classes, taken multiple in person and online courses. Well they only prepare you for the real deal, not the actual real deal. So there is one table that is a multiplier of the fuel calculation.

View attachment 145114

Well this is a multiplier... And in my infinite wisdom I set it to 0 across the board so nothing interferes with startup/idle testing. Well any number multiplied by 0 is well FUCKING ZERO...

BAD O2 sensors from the factory...

God damn shit piss fuck cunt HOLLEY. I'm giving them a call tomorrow and getting it warrantied. Right now I'm tuning with one wideband on the drivers side.

HOWEVER...

Pissed me off to high hell. But however curiousity killed the cat, writing a base tune brought him back. I present my first ever idle. She is sounding better. Also pro tip, any car can idle without an IAC and I have mine idling at 1100 about right now. Going to move it up to 1500 to mirror the Drag Paks.

Ghost cam tune!!

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country