Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Collectability?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
I hate to say but in a few years the Demon 170 will be on par with the original Demon. Meaning Dodge will have released something better, faster and more appealing just like they did with the 170.

I mean the original Demon was essentially a Redeye. Yawn..... BFD shit was slow AF on 93 octane! Needed thousands to actually make it sorta fast and even then it was still slow weighing so much smfh.

The 170 is fast and desirable now cause there is nothing better. Its just not that special and wont be a collector unless there are ZERO ICE Vehicles made in the coming years and after but considering the EV market has taken a giant shit on itself and Ford, Chevy etc.... arent jumping on board yet and still making fast ICE Vehicles cause thats what the consumer wants and thats what Dodge will end up doing.

They dont give a ratts ass about collectibility they care about profit sales and if the EV market wont bring it then they will simply make faster ICE cars again and that will make the Demon 170 less desirable cause there will be better faster shit to buy.

If no more ICE vehicles are made then yea id say it would be worth a furtune but thats highly unlikely the way the EV market has been going.
Demon 170 Redeye
Will be the equivalent
To a 14 second pass today

Last edited:

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I think its 50/50 that Dodge will even be around in 5 years.
Stellantis is hurting (even with 5-6B in profits supposedly) and Tavares just said they will axe brands that are not profitable.

I think the original Demon will be an 80-100k car for the next decade or so. Showroom condition cars will probably fetch higher but that price is maintaining the MSRP value that Tim K said he was aiming for.

170s will probably settle in the 140-150 range as it seems most were sold around that number. If you paid 100k over, you will never get that value back unless another global pandemic hits.

So drive your Demons and enjoy them. Too many are just sitting in garages as failed investments.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
The difference in the RT vs SRT dash styling is huge (opinion)

We test drove an RT first, and I was less than impressed, then of course the SRT, between the much better suspension, brakes, steering, engine, the dash was the straw that put us over the top.

What do you mean by dash? All charger and challenger use the same gauges for each model but the hellcat is red and speedometer maybe diffetent but basically the same. Now for the info part screen, the srt has more then the r/t is that what you mean?

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Plymouth Prowlers. Easy to find them with 100-10K miles. 25 years old, and no market. They're actually very cool cars.
But can you hellcat swap one

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Brakes will be the most noticeable thing, I also think the 20x10 wheels are SRT/RT TNG specific, and obviously the tow hitch. Try to find one to drive if you can, but if the price is almost the same then the SRT has 100 more HP and more is more lol. Not sure what mileage would look like. Greg's R/T gets good mileage and we towed my Hellcat to Woodward with it and never knew it was back there. I was impressed with it.
Really liking my Durango R/t but wish it was the tow and go. R/t has all the premium interior upgrades as the srt

MMissile

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb County
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Hellcat WB
But can you hellcat swap one
You can do that to anything. As Prowlers, they have no collectability. They're fun to drive and look great, but for diminutive people.

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
You can do that to anything. As Prowlers, they have no collectability. They're fun to drive and look great, but for diminutive people.
Big word hurt brain

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
What do you mean by dash? All charger and challenger use the same gauges for each model but the hellcat is red and speedometer maybe diffetent but basically the same. Now for the info part screen, the srt has more then the r/t is that what you mean?

No, at least in the MY19 RT vs SRT, the look and feel of the dash is night and day, the RT has a Soccer-mom feel to it, the SRT has our classic SRT feel...

Not the same instrument cluster at all.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images

Let's see, where did I put the dictionary...??? :unsure:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Just as diminish means "to grow smaller", diminutive means "very small". When writing about language, diminutive as both an adjective and a noun refers to particular endings and the words made with them to indicate smallness. In English, such endings include -et and -ette (piglet, dinette, cigarette, diskette) as well as -ie and -y (doggy, bootie, Bobby, Debbie). However, diminutives are more common in many other languages. Outside of language, diminutive is used for many things, including people ("She noticed a diminutive figure standing shyly by the door"), but often not very seriously ("We were served some rather diminutive rolls")

MMissile

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb County
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Hellcat WB
  • Adjective
    Means very small, less than average in size, or tiny. For example, you might describe someone as a diminutive figure if they are short.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Fairly high mileage. I’d rather pay a little more for something with 50,000 or less. Do you think it has the Quadra-Trac 4x4?
Good for you guys...you clearly enjoy driving it...(as it should be)(y);)
Plymouth Prowlers. Easy to find them with 100-10K miles. 25 years old, and no market. They're actually very cool cars.
agreed...I have a pristine black "99"...(1170 miles)...never seen rain...never gonna sell it cause it's cool..not fast...but cool..just never get to drive it...plus they don't bring much...I like it..so it stays..;)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Just as diminish means "to grow smaller", diminutive means "very small". When writing about language, diminutive as both an adjective and a noun refers to particular endings and the words made with them to indicate smallness. In English, such endings include -et and -ette (piglet, dinette, cigarette, diskette) as well as -ie and -y (doggy, bootie, Bobby, Debbie). However, diminutives are more common in many other languages. Outside of language, diminutive is used for many things, including people ("She noticed a diminutive figure standing shyly by the door"), but often not very seriously ("We were served some rather diminutive rolls")
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::geek::geek::geek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
'Ya can't grow if you don't ever learn new shyt...

: p
Wake me up for the lesson that grows hair..:oops:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Wake me up for the lesson that grows hair..:oops:

End your bath/shower with the coldest water you possibly can get out of your faucet directly onto your scalp, do NOT use HOT water to clean your scalp, warm at most. Do not wash your hair every day unless you have to.

; )

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
End your bath/shower with the coldest water you possibly can get out of your faucet directly onto your scalp, do NOT use HOT water to clean your scalp, warm at most. Do not wash your hair every day unless you have to.

; )
:sleep:...ya woke me up for that:unsure::rolleyes:

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
200w(1).gif

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Bowtie Guy

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile

; )

Is it too late ?

1722425469101.png