Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Collectability?

MMissile

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb County
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Hellcat WB
There are places that will give you a valuation, kind of like artwork. Not much low balling I wouldn't expect unless there's some kind of "I'll buy everything" price. I've got a few that I'd cherry pick out and sell independently.....a few are worth several hundred bucks but when I was buying them at 10 years old I thought they'd all be worth that by now lol. Just too many other people kept them basically NIB and the rarity went out the window.
Plymouth Prowlers. Easy to find them with 100-10K miles. 25 years old, and no market. They're actually very cool cars.

GNBRETT

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Trackhawk, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Stang, Golf R
I hate to say but in a few years the Demon 170 will be on par with the original Demon. Meaning Dodge will have released something better, faster and more appealing just like they did with the 170.

I mean the original Demon was essentially a Redeye. Yawn..... BFD shit was slow AF on 93 octane! Needed thousands to actually make it sorta fast and even then it was still slow weighing so much smfh.

The 170 is fast and desirable now cause there is nothing better. Its just not that special and wont be a collector unless there are ZERO ICE Vehicles made in the coming years and after but considering the EV market has taken a giant shit on itself and Ford, Chevy etc.... arent jumping on board yet and still making fast ICE Vehicles cause thats what the consumer wants and thats what Dodge will end up doing.

They dont give a ratts ass about collectibility they care about profit sales and if the EV market wont bring it then they will simply make faster ICE cars again and that will make the Demon 170 less desirable cause there will be better faster shit to buy.

If no more ICE vehicles are made then yea id say it would be worth a furtune but thats highly unlikely the way the EV market has been going.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Durango R/T with Tow n' Go basically gives you everything the SRT has but has the 5.7 instead of the 6.4. Greg did a lot of research on it when he bought his. At his time of purchase to get the SRT was $11K more and he didn't think it was worth it for just the 6.4 motor. I love his Durango. Sounds amazing with the valved exhaust etc.
This will be my jeep replacement. An srt will be $10-15k more then an r/t but just like the cars the 392 is so much better. Seats suspension etc. Found a rebuilt title 2015 r/t with 28k miles for 18k. Srts are in the 30s. I know from experience you will never be happy if you don't buy what you want. Sometimes if the other is cheaper it helps but you will always think of the car wanted and didn't buy

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
The original muscle cars of the '60s and '70s were gaining good value by the late 80's and early 90s. IMO the biggest thing that drove their collectability was the fact that they didn't make cars with that kind of power and style since - so people remembered them fondly and wanted them back.
Kinda like an old girlfriend that you have fond memories of...(till ya see her 50 years later and realize patina aint a good look:oops:)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I hate to say but in a few years the Demon 170 will be on par with the original Demon. Meaning Dodge will have released something better, faster and more appealing just like they did with the 170.

I mean the original Demon was essentially a Redeye. Yawn..... BFD shit was slow AF on 93 octane! Needed thousands to actually make it sorta fast and even then it was still slow weighing so much smfh.

The 170 is fast and desirable now cause there is nothing better. Its just not that special and wont be a collector unless there are ZERO ICE Vehicles made in the coming years and after but considering the EV market has taken a giant shit on itself and Ford, Chevy etc.... arent jumping on board yet and still making fast ICE Vehicles cause thats what the consumer wants and thats what Dodge will end up doing.

They dont give a ratts ass about collectibility they care about profit sales and if the EV market wont bring it then they will simply make faster ICE cars again and that will make the Demon 170 less desirable cause there will be better faster shit to buy.

If no more ICE vehicles are made then yea id say it would be worth a furtune but thats highly unlikely the way the EV market has been going.
Collect stamps...DRIVE cars...and if yer worried bout return...buy GOLD..but drive the car will ya:rolleyes:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I like the V6s in sacrificial cars. My first experience with one was a '14 1500, an incredibly dull but practical car. Next was a '21 Challenger GT AWD, then the ''23 Challenger GT AWD and '19 Durango GT AWD I have now.

So why the V6? Because I kinda need AWD. Yes, I could've ordered a Durango Pursuit with the 5.7, but fell into a very good deal on the civilian '19. And I suspect I wouldn't have liked a new Pursuit as much as I like the '19.

Besides, if I want more power I have the 6.2s - one only suitable for summer usage, one bought primarily for driving during winter storms.
Sacrificial cars..o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O...what's next mutilating squirrels...Hmmmm..black hooded robes...cans of gas ..speakn in forked tongue...I shoulda known :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::p:p:p;)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
That will just say that WE failed to teach our grandchildren about these cars.
Hmmm I have 2 grandchildren...(no chance of any more..) in 50 years both will still be in their 50's...I'll learn em then.....I'll only be 121...I got time

MMissile

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb County
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Hellcat WB
The original muscle cars of the '60s and '70s were gaining good value by the late 80's and early 90s. IMO the biggest thing that drove their collectability was the fact that they didn't make cars with that kind of power and style since - so people remembered them fondly and wanted them back.
I made a shit-ton of money moving cars from Kally to Detroit, before transport companies caught on. The 80's were good to me.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
Thread Starter #49
This will be my jeep replacement. An srt will be $10-15k more then an r/t but just like the cars the 392 is so much better. Seats suspension etc. Found a rebuilt title 2015 r/t with 28k miles for 18k. Srts are in the 30s. I know from experience you will never be happy if you don't buy what you want. Sometimes if the other is cheaper it helps but you will always think of the car wanted and didn't buy
Agree on buying what you want or not being happy. Just realize literally the only difference in the R/T Tow n' Go is the engine. Same suspension, controllers, everything. Greg sent me pics of the suspension and it's even stamped with SRT on it lol. Somehow ticking that "Tow N' Go" box got you a ton of goodies, even the Uconnect has the same drive modes etc, same Brembo brakes, the works. Kinda odd really.

If the prices are closer, then yeah SRT all the way because why not.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Agree on buying what you want or not being happy. Just realize literally the only difference in the R/T Tow n' Go is the engine. Same suspension, controllers, everything. Greg sent me pics of the suspension and it's even stamped with SRT on it lol. Somehow ticking that "Tow N' Go" box got you a ton of goodies, even the Uconnect has the same drive modes etc, same Brembo brakes, the works. Kinda odd really.

If the prices are closer, then yeah SRT all the way because why not.
Could be hard to know if one has the tow n go online

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
  • I guess look for the brakes

• R/T TOW N GO PACKAGE

DURANGO R/T TOW N GO

• Maximum Towing up to 8,700 Pounds( Disclosure1)
  • Red SRT Performance Brakes
  • Available SRT Performance Seats
  • Bilstein® Active Damping High Performance Suspension
  • Quadra-Trac® Active-on-Demand 4x4 System with Electronic Limited Slip Rear Axle
  • 20x10-Inch Hyper Black Wheels with Pirelli® Scorpion Zero Run Flat 295 Tires
  • Body-Color Upper/Lower Rear Fascia
  • High-Performance Exhaust

• Hard Button Drive Modes (Track, Tow, Snow)
  • Class IV Trailer Hitch with Seven- and Four-Pin Wiring Harness
  • Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
  • Active Noise Cancelling
  • Automatic Headlamp Leveling
  • Maximum Speed 145 MPH
  • Heavy-Duty Engine Cooling

Last edited:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Not if the dealer shows the VIN, which they generally do.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Not if the dealer shows the VIN, which they generally do.
Most I look at are on facebook so I don't see the vin

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Plymouth Prowlers. Easy to find them with 100-10K miles. 25 years old, and no market. They're actually very cool cars.
Saw one at Menards, of all places, just last week. Definitely a head turner.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
Thread Starter #55
Brakes will be the most noticeable thing, I also think the 20x10 wheels are SRT/RT TNG specific, and obviously the tow hitch. Try to find one to drive if you can, but if the price is almost the same then the SRT has 100 more HP and more is more lol. Not sure what mileage would look like. Greg's R/T gets good mileage and we towed my Hellcat to Woodward with it and never knew it was back there. I was impressed with it.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Brakes will be the most noticeable thing, I also think the 20x10 wheels are SRT/RT TNG specific, and obviously the tow hitch. Try to find one to drive if you can, but if the price is almost the same then the SRT has 100 more HP and more is more lol. Not sure what mileage would look like. Greg's R/T gets good mileage and we towed my Hellcat to Woodward with it and never knew it was back there. I was impressed with it.
1st year for the SRT is 18. Teresas 18 Challenger just turned 80k miles so gives me an idea of mileage. I like the idea of the 100 more hp why I'm looking at that but if I can save 10k that is something also:unsure:

SilverBillet

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
1st year for the SRT is 18. Teresas 18 Challenger just turned 80k miles so gives me an idea of mileage. I like the idea of the 100 more hp why I'm looking at that but if I can save 10k that is something also:unsure:
Fairly high mileage. I’d rather pay a little more for something with 50,000 or less. Do you think it has the Quadra-Trac 4x4?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Fairly high mileage. I’d rather pay a little more for something with 50,000 or less. Do you think it has the Quadra-Trac 4x4?
Im not buying today but being realistic on mileage. I will put about 5k a year on it. I'm looking for under 100k and if I can save money on a rebuilt title that is fine. It will be driven in the winter so does not need to be perfect. My 2009 jeep has 180k on it and it still pretty solid underneath

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The difference in the RT vs SRT dash styling is huge (opinion)

We test drove an RT first, and I was less than impressed, then of course the SRT, between the much better suspension, brakes, steering, engine, the dash was the straw that put us over the top.