Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Active Interchiller Feedback

OP
OGTRIPLEOG
Member ID
Reactions
City
n/a
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
21' Trackhawk
Thread Starter #41
This is what you’d be looking for (see 2 black arrows). IMG_6925.jpeg

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
As much as I would love to be able to look I know that my Flex tune is locked which is fine because I don't need to be messing with it. I believe my E85 race tune or some version of it that I have is unlocked though. If I remember tonight I'll take a peek and check those values.

OP
OGTRIPLEOG
Member ID
Reactions
City
n/a
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
21' Trackhawk
Thread Starter #43
totally understand and much appreciated.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Fired up the tablet and for what files were unlocked that I have access to...it appears that both P/N and Drive AC target idles are set to 750 (752 technically) at temperature. They start much higher during warmup. 1000 to 1300 depending on temp and condition.

I may have deleted all old copies of my open tune files because tbh I messed with them too much and always went back to the known good anyways. If I can't 100% trust my guy I shouldn't be paying him to do it in the first place.

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Got it. I have a true flex fuel, adjusts on the fly (Satera tuning). Does not seem fuel dependent (has happened with 93 and as high as e74%). If anyone can look at their tune and check if the idle RPM is adjusted up when the AC comes on that would be helpful. Basically, I don’t have any reason to believe there is a mechanical issue, or issue with the chiller. Temps are consistent, condenser does not make any noise when it comes on. Have not checked Freon charge, but I suspect it to be within normal range. Only surrogate that something mechanical could be off is the stalls related to AC on. As mentioned, it’s not immediate and not everytime. But only happen with AC on.

I’m not sure if changing idle Rpm is within normal limits after chillers go in. im familiar with only a few tune changes relative to chiller install — namely fuel adjustment on warm start to compensate for condensation dripping onto the cylinders when I/C drops below dew point and fan speed adjustments. Had not heard of what the tuner wants to try.. so I just wanted to see if anyone had heard of this.
How long have you been having this problem? As long as you’ve had the tune?

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
And you have a separate e85 gauge in the car, correct?

OP
OGTRIPLEOG
Member ID
Reactions
City
n/a
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
21' Trackhawk
Thread Starter #47
Thanks @fubar569 . That all describes my current tune as well (starts higher, settles to 752). I don’t think what he’s suggesting is a typical modification with interchillers. The owners of IC Summit/Charly have previously helped others on hellcat.org even with other applications. I wish I had there’s, but I had already purchased this one before I found out they were in the game. The AI brand for all its customer service aggregation seems to be working just (3 way bypass and comp switch all work as intnded, chiller does its thing with AC on, air is still cold, etc).. But the owner unfortunately is not someone I’d voluntarily ring to trouble shoot with. I may PM summit/Charlie on hellcat, I don’t wanna start a thread as Satera’s has a vender account on there, I don’t wanna take a chance they see the post questioning what they’re suggesting and feel slighted.

hey @Unholy707 Yes, digital sensor for ethanol. Satera said the fuel trims are all perfect. Over my last xx fill ups (maybe the last 7-8 in a row all on e70-74 at same station). He wasn’t happy with my first pump 93 fill up. But since then, he said everything looks perfect from fueling standpoint. The tune adjusts on the fly within the first few min driving. Issue has been happening since I got the jeep back from them (June). Took me some time sorting through all the variables, but I can say with complete confidence the dependent one is the AC on. Like I said, it’s not like AC on, 3 seconds later = stall. But if I drive with AC on for a week, it’ll stall 4-5 times under those conditions (off throttle, 1–10 mph and also in reverse).

Had many things done at the appointment (added the hellion, now compound boosted, interchiller as you guys now of via this thread, and flex fuel tune are the main things). I also arranged for my IGLA to upgraded there to include the anti-carjack feature. have ruled out with complete certainty that being amiss. It functions exactly as expected, and the stalls neither have the preceding warning signs that come with the anti-car jack feature being set off nor do I have to re-enter the pin after the stall (it fires back up once I just get it back to park since I carry my I’ll fob on me). When the anti car jack is set off, it will not restart without the code (even if the igla fob is inside the car). So, all things considered we’re confident not igla related.

Besides something AC or interchiller related, I was wondering about the torque converter.. but the transmission as a whole seems fine. No sounds either. And doing a pull, transmission is good weather it’s with paddle shifters, street or sport trans profile.. Even had the boost controller up to 19-20 PSI once or twice for a 60 roll pull (roughly 900-950 whp) and engine/trans smooth and consistent. So given that, I’ve been trying not to totally freak out. But, it’s a bit odd getting used to random stalls especially when they happen as your in traffic it’s a bit unnerving.

Last edited:

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
The gauge is what sends the signal to to PCM after it receives it from the flex fuel sensor. Certain gauges allow you to configure the 5v output, which goes to a rescale of the exhaust recirculation valve in the tune (I know the 6.2s don’t have one, that’s how they make it work though by using those tables in the tune). I’d say it’s most likely tune related

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I installed IC chillers kit without touching tune. It doesn’t do anything, you’ll have the same load from ac compressor without it.

OP
OGTRIPLEOG
Member ID
Reactions
City
n/a
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
21' Trackhawk
Thread Starter #50
Hear you. I thought so too. I dunno.. as you guys know, at the mercy of the tuner and Satera doesn’t go into any more detail than he has to when he sends me a new tune. He confirms my data log’s are good quality and then sends me a new tune. I have captured the stall on data log at least once, unfortunaty did not find a tune related reason for them. At one point he was concerned the 93 tank I filled damage something. But since driving that off and getting high % E in, he said trims are back around the goal 5% for all the scenarios I put the jeep through in the dozen plus logs since.

The two tuners between hear and hellcat.org that I see come up over and over are jon moored and OST. I think AJ Berg is also quite knowledgeable. I’m in Boston, so he’s only 4ish hours from me. I have strongly considered asking someone to take a look, but I don’t know how to initiate that convo. I also would need to review the terms of service as Satera’s tunes i believe are his property.

OP
OGTRIPLEOG
Member ID
Reactions
City
n/a
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
21' Trackhawk
Thread Starter #51
I installed IC chillers kit without touching tune. It doesn’t do anything, you’ll have the same load from ac compressor without it.
Hear you. I thought the AC compressor coming on does introduce an additional load on the engine? (Presumably why engine idle with AC in all the shift positions even exists for modifying in the tune?)