Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Ziebart PPF and Window Tinting Reviews

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
Has anyone used Ziebart for PPF and window tint? My son works at the local shop and I'd like to give them the business. If you used them, have you had issues with their PPF or window tint? Do they make their own products?

GNBRETT

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Trackhawk, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Stang, Golf R
Its just a ceramic window tint bro its not worth the extra money TBH. Theyre product does the same shit as anyone else's Ceramic tint. Its supposed to keep the UV rays out and keep ur car cooler. I have it on my GTI. I didnt notice any difference at all and the shit was like $700 smfh. Not worth the extra money u wont notice anything.

The PPF is the same as anyone elses but id stick to Suntek or XPEL. The thing with PPF is its REALLY expensive and will need to be removed eventually in the front so ull pay a couple thousand for the front alone and it will have to be replaced. I just took it off eventually cause it looked like shit after a while.

Id stick to a good ceramic coat and reapply it once a year. Ziebart is just another company that sells Ceramic tint and PPF nothing more nothing less.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
It doesn't come down to the products but the installation instead. If the installation of window tint is done by qualified people and done right it will last. I had my truck done a month after I bought it with just regular tint film at my local stereo shop and 11 years later it is still perfect. They have done every one of my cars since and the only issue I ever had was a very small bubble on the drivers door of one and they replaced that film before we even left!!!

Don't do PPF

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
See I disagree, I think PPF is worth it. One of the best things you can do!

Paint work is a terrible option most of the time to me, can't watch it, have to blend to other panels, SO expensive now. I wish I would have PPF'd my whole car when I bought it.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Wow, Ziebart - now there's a name I haven't heard since I moved from the rust belt !!!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Wow, Ziebart - now there's a name I haven't heard since I moved from the rust belt !!!
Back in the 70's...if you drove a car all year round in the North...and didn't Ziebart...you had a rust bucket in 3 yrs....now even up here..it's nowhere near as popular...I didn't think they were still around...:unsure:

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Back in the 70's...if you drove a car all year round in the North...and didn't Ziebart...you had a rust bucket in 3 yrs....now even up here..it's nowhere near as popular...I didn't think they were still around...:unsure:
Yep, getting your car "Ziebart'ed" was the way to go if you wanted it to last. My '73 Grand Am was a total rust pile by '77, everything else was fine but the body was completely roached out :(

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
I currently have 3 cars that were Ziebarted new. A 93, 01 and 16. Rust free and I live in a state where they throw down tons of salt in the winter.
It's all about the person knowing what he's doing when applying.
Remember Rusty Jones and that scam?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk