Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Manual Returns for 2023 so they say

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
If I raced, A8 no question.

For just driving the country roads around me, I think I might get bored with an A8 when I'm not mashing the throttle. With the M6, there's always something to do. I mean, I can't drive it like I stole it all the time.

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I especially like the blip and downshift before a hard corner!

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
What other manual offers as much hp?

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I've been doing a lot of work around the house past couple weeks and the arthritis is acting up. Noticed that today when rowing the gears... :(

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I've been doing a lot of work around the house past couple weeks and the arthritis is acting up. Noticed that today when rowing the gears... :(
Does that mean....:oops:...yer gettin old..:unsure:

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Does that mean....:oops:...yer gettin old..:unsure:
No gettin' 'bout it! LOL!!!..... Ouch, that hurt...:( :ROFLMAO:

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
What other manual offers as much hp?
Chevy made a small number of 2019 zr1s with a manual 7-speed

72 440 Barracuda

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Took the manual out for a little drive and the 6 speed never stops putting a smile on my face - heck I just need a couple 3/4 throttle pulls in 2nd or 3rd gear with the tires just starting to break loose and it's just what I need... lol
Sometimes getting into a 4th gear under power isn't an option with the open space available, so that has to be enough (for now anyway)

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Took the manual out for a little drive and the 6 speed never stops putting a smile on my face - heck I just need a couple 3/4 throttle pulls in 2nd or 3rd gear with the tires just starting to break loose and it's just what I need... lol
Sometimes getting into a 4th gear under power isn't an option with the open space available, so that has to be enough (for now anyway)
The M6 is ALWAYS in the right gear. I was constantly downshifting the A8 because around town, it always wanted to be at 1200 rpm in every gear, then after the S2 I'm constantly upshifting because it won't go into 4th until I hit 2500. And I found out today that if I upshift manually then need to really go, it won't do an auto downshift until I wait for the auto mode to time out! Even if I floor it! :mad: But when it does what I want, it is scary fast!

I'm following a MassHole today doing 50 in a 55 zone. Get to a passing zone and was at 95 when I went by him! I have the stock 275 P0AS on now because it need dealer work on Tues so I can't give it WOT.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
The M6 is ALWAYS in the right gear. I was constantly downshifting the A8 because around town, it always wanted to be at 1200 rpm in every gear, then after the S2 I'm constantly upshifting because it won't go into 4th until I hit 2500. And I found out today that if I upshift manually then need to really go, it won't do an auto downshift until I wait for the auto mode to time out! Even if I floor it! :mad: But when it does what I want, it is scary fast!

I'm following a MassHole today doing 50 in a 55 zone. Get to a passing zone and was at 95 when I went by him! I have the stock 275 P0AS on now because it need dealer work on Tues so I can't give it WOT.
Do you leave the car in regular mode? I find it in too low a gear all the time too, but I mean I never use it there either really, I always use sport mode and it stays in a better gear while cruising around town and is willing to downshift in a blink. It's a pretty great setting really.

B5Cat16

Member ID
Reactions
City
S
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Get rid of that Clutch Delay Valve...totally changed my M6 experience. Many say yes, some said no difference, but haven't heard anyone ever say it made it worse.

I just pulled the CDV out of my M6 this morning. Drove it around the block a few times and didn't really notice a big difference. Later, I will take it for a real ride and form my opinion then.

72 440 Barracuda

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat

I have always been fond of manual transmissions, control of the power is always under your control, not shifting when the auto decides its appropriate. The one area I do like the in the auto is the kickdown function (passing gear) hitting passing gear was always exciting - a seamless increase in RPM and acceleration at just the right moment, but the overall control with the manual was always better...

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I d
Do you leave the car in regular mode? I find it in too low a gear all the time too, but I mean I never use it there either really, I always use sport mode and it stays in a better gear while cruising around town and is willing to downshift in a blink. It's a pretty great setting really.
I didn't like sport mode because it shifted way too high for normal driving.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Cool, let us know how it goes.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I d

I didn't like sport mode because it shifted way too high for normal driving.

Really? I would totally agree on that for track mode, but I think sprot mode is perfect. I guess that's why they have so many options :)

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Really? I would totally agree on that for track mode, but I think sprot mode is perfect. I guess that's why they have so many options :)
As Clouseau said: "Not anymore!"

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I have always been fond of manual transmissions, control of the power is always under your control, not shifting when the auto decides its appropriate. The one area I do like the in the auto is the kickdown function (passing gear) hitting passing gear was always exciting - a seamless increase in RPM and acceleration at just the right moment, but the overall control with the manual was always better...
Both are fun...M6...alot funner:p:p