Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Insurance

Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
23 challenger hellcat jb-23 Chrysler 300c
Does anyone have a suggestion on affordable insurance coverage for these monsters. After 30yrs with State Farm and one comprehensive claim ( hail damage)they have decided to put me on the brink of selling one of my cars. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
I have my modified ’15 SRT Challenger and a ’33 Ford sedan with Hagerty. Cut my prev. insurance bill in half over Auto-Owners.

Last edited:

SilverBillet

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Good luck!

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Progressive 1800 a year for cat and truck

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
Hagerty 1025 a year

Octanewide

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Hagerty 1025 a year
About the same. Agreed value.
State farm ran me out too.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
Type the word insurance into the search box. Lots of info already typed out.

SilverBillet

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
About the same. Agreed value.
State farm ran me out too.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
Nationwide ran us out after being with them since 1972! We are now with Auto-Owners Insurance. Hope they don’t jack us up after the first year?

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Does anyone have a suggestion on affordable insurance coverage for these monsters. After 30yrs with State Farm and one comprehensive claim ( hail damage)they have decided to put me on the brink of selling one of my cars. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Decades ago had all my insu with SF, then another SF insured caused a chain reaction crash (including me). The dope rear ended 2 cars behind me pushing them into me!!! The cop told him he was issuing a ticket for "Inattentive driving" because it would be less severe than speeding. Dope said "I wasn't speeding! I hydroplaned (on the damp summer asphalt), I was doing maybe 40! Tops!"

The dozen or or so people standing around all in unison cringed and turned away. Cop said, speed limit is 25.

SF demanded I make a statement to help the wreckless ahole! F'k no! So SF slow walked my claim and broke my nuts at every opportunity.

Leave SF TODAY!!!

Search independents and offer them all your insu and ask for a quote. If you have a business, include that quote alongside.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Decades ago had all my insu with SF, then another SF insured caused a chain reaction crash (including me). The dope rear ended 2 cars behind me pushing them into me!!! The cop told him he was issuing a ticket for "Inattentive driving" because it would be less severe than speeding. Dope said "I wasn't speeding! I hydroplaned (on the damp summer asphalt), I was doing maybe 40! Tops!"

The dozen or or so people standing around all in unison cringed and turned away. Cop said, speed limit is 25.

SF demanded I make a statement to help the wreckless ahole! F'k no! So SF slow walked my claim and broke my nuts at every opportunity.

Leave SF TODAY!!!

Search independents and offer them all your insu and ask for a quote. If you have a business, include that quote alongside.
State Farm has increased their rates through the roof (coast to coast)..on auto coverage...even walked away from some markets altogether....I hear tell Fla. is the worst...but it's not just them...just gotta shop around:rolleyes:

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
SF has doubled our rates over the last 2 years. Need to start shopping, but have been hearing others are not much better + we have the house and hurricane ins. to consider. Been with them for 35 years, very few claims, but they don't care.

SilverBillet

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
SF has doubled our rates over the last 2 years. Need to start shopping, but have been hearing others are not much better + we have the house and hurricane ins. to consider. Been with them for 35 years, very few claims, but they don't care.
There is no love lost for their loyal customers @MikeD1. You are nothing to them…just a customer number. I would shop around. Be sure to check for accident forgiveness or declining deductible.

GNBRETT

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Trackhawk, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Stang, Golf R
Amica has the best rates ive ever seen as long as u dont have prior accidents. I doubt hail would qualify as an car accident. Give them a call and get a quote. They seem to have the best rates for low risk drives like me with no ticket or accident history and older.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Amica has the best rates ive ever seen as long as u dont have prior accidents. I doubt hail would qualify as an car accident. Give them a call and get a quote. They seem to have the best rates for low risk drives like me with no ticket or accident history and older.
As this insurance mess grows...(and it will)....you will see many other companies offer attractive rates to low risk drivers with stellar records as yourself(y)

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
I have Hagerty on the Cat which is half the rate Progressive was charging me. The only thing is it can’t be a daily driver. It’s insured for a specific amount which I like since if it’s totaled or stolen they can’t low ball me on the value.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I have Hagerty on the Cat which is half the rate Progressive was charging me. The only thing is it can’t be a daily driver. It’s insured for a specific amount which I like since if it’s totaled or stolen they can’t low ball me on the value.
I really gotta look @ alternatives for my auto coverage...none of my cars are DD...but they all have conventional coverage...it's my guess I'.m getting crucified and don't know it

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
State Farm has increased their rates through the roof (coast to coast)..on auto coverage...even walked away from some markets altogether....I hear tell Fla. is the worst...but it's not just them...just gotta shop around:rolleyes:
Yep, my 'Cat has gone from about $50 per month to over $80 in about two years. But the TRX seems to have stayed at $75. Odd.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
I pay $403 month for full coverage on 4 vehicles, including 2013 Ram 1500, 2014 Wrangler, 2021 Jeep Cherokee and the 2022 Challenger SS along with one 2016 HD Road Glide Ultra, my home (with riders for valuables) and extra acreage, my new property with garage and an umbrella policy. That was with the $21/month increase on this renewal

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I'm at $650, but with two more vehicles and otherwise similar policy. Except no riders or "extra acreage", which is something I've never heard of before.

I guess that includes the guest house, garage, barn, hay barn, etc. The stuff occupying some extra acreage.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
I'm at $650, but with two more vehicles and otherwise similar policy. Except no riders or "extra acreage", which is something I've never heard of before.

I guess that includes the guest house, garage, barn, hay barn, etc. The stuff occupying some extra acreage.
They consider that the big field next to my house I bought so no one builds anything there. Most people would call it unimproved land. We just use it as a pretty big yard, it’s a couple acres that I keep mowed