Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Diablo Sport Suspension Controller

covidcommander

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Me. I have used one for a few years now. One of the best upgrades on my car.
You ever get into the programming or just run it as is?

DGatzby

7000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
You ever get into the programming or just run it as is?
I have not. But like I said above, if you want to do that, the DS remake of the little more expensive DSC unit doesn’t like to be programmed. If you want to do it, and there is something there for drag racing, get the DSC original. Call them and talk to them.

https://www.dscsport.com/

covidcommander

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
I have not. But like I said above, if you want to do that, the DS remake of the little more expensive DSC unit doesn’t like to be programmed. If you want to do it, and there is something there for drag racing, get the DSC original. Call them and talk to them.

https://www.dscsport.com/
I did call, and they weren't helpful at all. Said not supported and pretty much hung up.

I managed to find one. Only problem is it has the trackhawk file, not the charger/challenger file. Not sure if that makes a difference. That's why I called and the tech did say they were interchangeable before he hung up. Idk I heard they were the same controller...

And when I swapped the controller I lost all the srt functions and got the generic u connect screen. Swapped the original back, and the srt screen came back. Not sure if it's common for the car to lose the srt screen like that. 🤔

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #24
No one wants anything to do with them because they cause a ton of issues if you swap tunes and user error

covidcommander

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
No one wants anything to do with them because they cause a ton of issues if you swap tunes and user error
So my question would be is it normal for the car to lose the srt functions when disconnecting the battery and swapping a suspension controller, or is this the problem with the controller?

I'll try and call dsc sport Monday and see what they say. I called diablo tech support today.

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #26
Controller

DGatzby

7000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Call DSC. Fundamental difference is the DSC unit will allow program changes, like we think of PCM changes. They even have a computer interface. Also if you are flipping tunes on your PCM with the DS unit installed you could brick it.

Demid22

Nurse
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
JONESBOROUGH
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Ive never had any issues with mine. Loading different tunes just fine. Ive been playing with tuning mine here and there, making tweaks to the suspension, mainly getting the front end to come up further and faster and then stay there.

Ive.spent copious amounts of hours researching and practicing with this thing. Footagenwith a go pro mounted to.the fenders so i can watch how the car reacts to each adjustment as well as datalogging so i can overlap the two.and see exactly what im doing and how its responding.

Within my research I have found, that most ppl like an IRS car to squat. Dialing in some static camber so that when it squats, the tires are flat.

From my understanding. We dont actually want rear squat. What we want is front lift. Im still playing with mine but stiffen it up rebound and compression in rear. Loosen up rebound in the front. Thats the setup. Now albeit this setup sucks for street driving. Breaks traction way to.easily. but on track its a different ball game.

Watch this video. This is where i got the idea. Of course in the video the hellcat in use is using menscer shocks. However pay attention to the settings hes using on them.

Additionally from.what DSC and diablosport have told me....the stock file that ships with their controller is already setup to "mimmick" a demons drag shock settings. Unsurw how true that is.

Demid22

Nurse
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
JONESBOROUGH
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Heres another good resource ive refrenced alot.

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #30
Rear squat is what gives you front lift?

Demid22

Nurse
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
JONESBOROUGH
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rear squat is what gives you front lift?
Wrong. Most of front lift is determined by front spring rates and front strut dampening settings

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #32
Forgot you were a professional drag racer. Squat = weight transfer. Keep watching your videos though

Demid22

Nurse
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
JONESBOROUGH
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Forgot you were a professional drag racer. Squat = weight transfer. Keep watching your videos though
Im not a professional by any means. Just going off what ive been taught and seen first hand changing spring rates and dampening settings aroundvon multiple drag cars. And the videos are just a point of reference for anyone looking to explore different possibilities.

DGatzby

7000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Not a pro drag racer, but an engineer here. We have two vertical force items, and two measurements front and rear. In this case holding the rear measurement static by locking its travel, however raising the front allows weight transfer rear. At that point the rear vertical force DOWN increases and the front vertical force has a decrease of the corresponding amount to keep your force diagram balanced.

@Demid22 is correct in his logic and trials along with others. Also, allowing a change in height in the rear will cause the IRS geometry to change.

Demid22

Nurse
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
JONESBOROUGH
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Not a pro drag racer, but an engineer here. We have two vertical force items, and two measurements front and rear. In this case holding the rear measurement static by locking its travel, however raising the front allows weight transfer rear. At that point the rear vertical force DOWN increases and the front vertical force has a decrease of the corresponding amount to keep your force diagram balanced.

@Demid22 is correct in his logic and trials along with others. Also, allowing a change in height in the rear will cause the IRS geometry to change.
Yes. Getting the ride height higher will also help with weight transfer. Look at old school dragsters. They look like a lifted car lol. I think people tend to side with wanting squat because squatting the rear absorbs some of the initial shock there appearing to launch better. Imo its wasted energy. Use the energy to compress (squat) the rear suspension or use the energy to propel the car forward. As i stated tho...unless u have good prep this setup will just break the tires loose. Its a dead hook setup.

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #36
I removed the rake in the car by raising the front

catdad

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lake City
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
@Demid22 is correct. I found my old test numbers. So the ds unit ships with 20% on the rear at launch. I thought the same as @Unholy707 and went to 9.5% and with it being soft out back it wheel hopped bad. Went back to 20% and all was good. My friends redeye we are running 25% and he is cutting a 1.39-1.42 Since my win 7 laptop died and im on win 10 now I haven't been able to reconnect. Ill try tomorrow to see if I can get it to work.

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #38
Good to know, you’d think someone could dump or interpret the canbus signals on a demon and see what it’s actually doing and what it sets things at. Discouraging win 10 won’t connect

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL