Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Decided on a replacement for Go Man Go

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
TBD
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Sufficient for most applications
I should hit 2500 miles on mine this weekend. We have 3 more TNT events for the year unless I can find a private rental. If anyone's interested in going in on a private rental at Beech Bend lemme know and I'll see if I can set one up.

I'm due an oil change and will do that in the next week or so. Picked up the oil and filter yesterday. I'll cut the filter, check the drain pan, and send a sample off to Blackstone this go around.

Any tips on the plug change? Mine's still not having any misfires or anything so I'm not sure I can convince the dealer to swap them for me. I'd prefer them do it for record keeping, but also wanna go to 2309s so not sure how that would work. I need to ask them.

Doesn't Weld offer a S71 rear in a 17x11 or 17x12? I'm not sure what rear wheel Ron runs but it looks amazing.
Speedy, mine had no misfires or codes but the plug gap was between .032 and .036 on all of them. The TSB requires that tech to duplicate the problem, so I was not going to deal with that since the car ran good. Tech would take my car out, beat on it and say that there is no problem (potentially). Plus, the Champion plugs gotta to go, imo. For these reasons, I installed NGK 2309 and gapped them to .024 (as stated in the TSB). Everyone I know who has a 170 and checked the plugs has the wrong gap. Not going to drag the 170 with crappy plugs that have the wrong gap. The passenger side plugs are a real challenge to replace.

Yes, Weld makes the S71 in 17" x 11" but they are special order, as no one carries them in chrome (black are available). I just don't feel like waiting 6 to 8 weeks and paying around 3K for the wheels (they retail around $ 1,650.00 each). I have been fighting this for a few weeks. I will sort it out, it takes me awhile to warm up to the idea. The rear tires and wheels are the last hurdle.

It is my understanding that there are no replacement engines currently available so the stakes are high, hurt the motor and car sits at the dealer for months. The rear cradle bolts are torqued to 165 foot pounds, whereas hellcats, RE's, are 124 foot pounds (as I recall). I do believe Ron S. was able to have the dealer install the cradle lockouts.

Last edited:

Octanewide

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
All you need are the wobble 3/8 deep magnetic spark plug sockets and it’ll make quick work of it. 15 minutes or so to get them out. Small 1” wobble extension and a long one, but most of them will come out with just a deep 4” wobble extension built into it. It’ll put your socket wrench right above the above the valve cover. Taking the coils off and moving intercooler reservoir is a different story