Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Decided on a replacement for Go Man Go

Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Was at the dealer the other day and this gem was in the showroom. It's a 1970 Toyota FJ40 with a LT1 Corvette V8 swap with a 4speed manual! I couldn't resist!
View attachment 128404 View attachment 128405

No, I'm kidding but I did really like the FJ. Some of you remember back when I posted about Go Man Go getting stolen, @Hatermkr asked if I wanted him to ping Tim K. to see if he could help me locate something. I said sure but figured he'd just say go check the HP locator. Well, like 10 minutes later I get Tim's email, he asked for my phone number, and 15 minutes later he called me. I about fell over. He remembered me from CDM I think, asked about what happened to the car and we just chatted for a few. At the end of the call, he asks who my favorite local dealer was and asked if I'd be interested in a Demon 170 if he could find an allocation. Well.....it showed up yesterday, so THANK YOU Jim.

I'm still in the "did this actually happen" stage. I've only told a few people as I didn't wanna jinx myself and thanks to those that kept it a secret.

I was honestly worried I wouldn't like the flares in the back, or how it drove. For what these cost I HAD to love it.

When it got delivered my tech buddy at the dealer texted me a pic of it coming off the trailer as he was getting it for PDI. I jumped in the 4Runner and went to see. When I saw it in the shop I got cold chills and about fell over. Pictures don't do them justice honestly. Driving home, Auto feels more like Sport that I remember in the Hellcat. Very good on the road and I swear it feels more refined than the Hellcat did. Maybe 7 year newer materials, etc. It's quieter just cruising for example, but when you let off the throttle is crackles and pops A LOT which made me laugh.

Had 8 miles on it when I picked it up, and shockingly clean. I told the dealer not to wash it I'd handle that myself. Detailed the interior last night and hope the weather cooperates so I can wash it tomorrow. Went through and carefully removed any labels and bar codes, cataloged them, and put them on a piece of paper I'll get laminated. Oddly, window sticker was NOT in the car so dealer ordered me a replacement.

I plan to drive it A LOT and hit hit the track opening weekend in March. Now to find a street tire/wheel setup. I'm thinking of the Discount Tire Hellcat Widebody 2 that come in 20x9 and 20x11.

Looking forward to the first video.

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
I dont know about PPF on the matte paint. Id worry about it taking the paint off if it ever had to be removed. I had the painted hood on my T/A ceramic coated and in 56k miles I only had 2 chips which I fixed with testors satin black paint. could barely find them. (No Im not saying the ceramic prevented chips) The ceramic made it easy to clean. YMMV
Good luck with whatever you choose.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
Thread Starter #243
The scoop on this 170 sits up pretty high. I had a couple rock strikes on the scoop of my Hellcat that PPF protected from damage. I'll have to see what the installer recommends and ask him how the PPF is removed when the time comes. I'm "hoping" modern films have a release feature.

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Personally, I would not PPF the black hood. With a hard to match color, PPF is a no brainer. But if you ever had to have a black hood repainted, no on would ever know.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
The scoop on this 170 sits up pretty high. I had a couple rock strikes on the scoop of my Hellcat that PPF protected from damage. I'll have to see what the installer recommends and ask him how the PPF is removed when the time comes. I'm "hoping" modern films have a release feature.
Have him wrap it with a self healing wrap.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
Thread Starter #246
Absolutely

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
Thread Starter #247
Spent some quality time today. Lots of driving and about 130 miles now. I'm super impressed with the suspension. Rides and drives great, throttle is smooth, and those downshifts make me laugh every time. Got into it a little and saw 19 lbs of boost at 3/4 throttle.

Met Crew Chief Greg for a beer. He loved the car and said he's thankful I didn't get a Porsche :ROFLMAO:

Getting over the ptsd slowly but surely.

20240203_154542.jpg

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Spent some quality time today. Lots of driving and about 130 miles now. I'm super impressed with the suspension. Rides and drives great, throttle is smooth, and those downshifts make me laugh every time. Got into it a little and saw 19 lbs of boost at 3/4 throttle.

Met Crew Chief Greg for a beer. He loved the car and said he's thankful I didn't get a Porsche :ROFLMAO:

Getting over the ptsd slowly but surely.

View attachment 129481
Those wheels don't look too bad. I would get another set for the rear and throw some street tires on it

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
What are the factory front tires?

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
Thread Starter #250
Tires and wheels are a challenge. Fronts are 18x8 wheel with MT ET Street R Fronts. That's literally what's printed on them. Rear are 17x11 with 315/50-17 tires of which there is no street equivalent that I've found.

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I wonder what it says in the tune that makes it snap crackle and pop on downshifts, usually only manuals say that. Going through the stock calibration would be good channel content, might be worth getting another hp tuners module 😏😉

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Tires and wheels are a challenge. Fronts are 18x8 wheel with MT ET Street R Fronts. That's literally what's printed on them. Rear are 17x11 with 315/50-17 tires of which there is no street equivalent that I've found.

Probably take some time, but I bet the tire manufacturers will make something, there is obviously a market

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Yep, you won’t find and ET street SS in that size unfortunately

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
They make that same wheel for a hellcat in a 20" dont they?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
They make that same wheel for a hellcat in a 20" dont they?
I wonder if a 325 would fit under it?

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
Thread Starter #256
I've found some that look close in a 20x11 but not sure how the low profile 315/35-20 will look on the car.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I've found some that look close in a 20x11 but not sure how the low profile 315/35-20 will look on the car.
Same as the 18s, will be a gap

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Compare tire height.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
Thread Starter #259

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I'm sure you already have something like this in your bag of tricks, but I found this website quite useful.

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/