Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Speed limit warning not working?

OP
stonewall

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
Thread Starter #21
Not going to happen for going 5 over unless you’re trying to go the speed limit for other reasons.
It's not the amount of the setting, but the sudden change when you're running 75mph and hit a 35mph zone out on a rural highway that you did not expect. And the local cop parked behind the barn on the side road. These cars are much like my YZF R1 if you are moving you are speeding LOL

OP
stonewall

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #22
I can put up with it if it will help avoid tickets. and it does. has many times. Cops in this area do not have a sense of humor on speeding, at any level.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
No, just don't want to go to jail and have my car auctioned off to the lowest bidder
What never been ta Jail before...how bout handcuffs...ever do them :unsure::unsure:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
It's not the amount of the setting, but the sudden change when you're running 75mph and hit a 35mph zone out on a rural highway that you did not expect. And the local cop parked behind the barn on the side road. These cars are much like my YZF R1 if you are moving you are speeding LOL
75..:unsure::unsure::unsure:...it's obvious you have total disregard for State and local V&T laws....I'm appalled :mad:

OP
stonewall

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #25
75..:unsure::unsure::unsure:...it's obvious you have total disregard for State and local V&T laws....I'm appalled :mad:
Big yellow cars are hard not to see. This is better suited for cop dodging.

Attachments

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Sounds like you need to do some racing to get it out of your system. Hit the local strip on street night a few times. Ger a pair of 17" MT's. Get it our of your system, then drive slow everywhere, you have nothing to prove to anyone, except maybe a pesky crotchrocket....

What really calmed me down was land speed racing. There is an event soon near you.

I never went to this one but I would go if I lived down there:

https://www.ectamile.com/

And get a radar detector now!