Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

How good is AAD customer support?

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Good morning, how good is AAD customer support? If I were to get their rear arms, install them with their “baseline” tabs, take it to alignment shop just to get a read out, and send customer support the readout - how good are they at getting back to you on advising which tabs will be needed to get it dialed in?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
They ship a variety of tabs with them. All of our cars respond consistently so getting it right is pretty easy if your shop knows what they are doing and what you want. If you need “customer support” at AAD your going to talk with one of two guys who REALLY know their shit.

Do the camber first, the arms are shipped with tabs that they can damn near tell you what the camber will be. If you want different, start flipping tabs, read again, check, then dial in the toe.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I met the owner at Challengerfest a couple of years ago. Seems like a good guy.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
We can tell you what you need. The arms come with "2" installed with 4 and 6 with them. 2 should be stock length. What i did it put the 4 in them and went to shop. From there every number moves it about .24. You will be looking for 0 to -30 camber. At one point I had 5 in one side and 7 in the other. I have demon springs now and with the higher ride height that were changed to a lower number. I would order 3, 5 and 7 tabs or after installing the 4s and checking i should be able to tell you what you need.
You can break up an order with 2 different tabs being they come 8 tabs. You need 4 per side. You need 8 for the front why they are sold like that

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
The aad stuff is pretty easy. Also I went in and wrote numbers on them so I didn't have to look at chart every time and figure it out. The notch system they use on the tabs isn't the best to determine which one it is 20231005_160544.jpg

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
1716995511196.png

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
Why not just have the alignment shop put in the tabs? My guy set the alignment to what I wanted, then put in the tab that fit. Genius.

2ndgen

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orem
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
AAD customer support is top notch. You can fb/text message while doing your project and get a very quick response with advice and answers.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Why not just have the alignment shop put in the tabs? My guy set the alignment to what I wanted, then put in the tab that fit. Genius.
Most alignment shops have no idea how the arms work. If you have a good one and explain what the shims do then it may be fine. I have read where some have dropped off the car gave them and bag of shims and were charged 1/2 day labor

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
The guy doing mine took 20 mins. Once he told me what he did I thought he was a genius.

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
What mine did too

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
Didnt they also charge you like $500? A reading is basically free. I’ve heard of others getting a read out, tabs, call AAD, they say now you need X to be in spec, change, get another read. Lots of great info here everyone! Appreciate the responses, sorry I’m just seeing this

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #13
I’ve heard of some shops charging an arm and a leg. Just want to do the readouts, change the tabs myself, hopefully with some guidance from AAD. Not a rich guy over here

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #14
That is pretty genius, how did he align it without tabs in it though? Figured it would all be too loose

Member ID
Reactions
City
n/a
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
21' Trackhawk
I can speak to the trackhawk platform as I have their front and rear UCAs and toe arms. I’ve spoken with Parker Bender many times. He’s a good guy, “one of us” as unlike to say. Always felt like I was talking to a friend even from first email.

The tabs are easy to change, and yes he and his colleague (can’t remember name) more than happy to help.

i did not have a good experience with shops and the arms. Most seemed uninterested in dealing with aftermarket arms, much less changing tabs out no matter how easy I spelled it out (which tabs do which direction). Ultimately, we had the longest tabs in the camber rear UCAs and the rest of the adjustment possible via the eccentric bolt. On the trackhawk anyway. I’m lowered on swifts, no issue getting into alignment once I finally found a shop willing to take a few minutes understand the design, which honestly isn’t a big deal. They remain my local speed shop (4th times the charm).

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Didnt they also charge you like $500? A reading is basically free. I’ve heard of others getting a read out, tabs, call AAD, they say now you need X to be in spec, change, get another read. Lots of great info here everyone! Appreciate the responses, sorry I’m just seeing this
Mine was like 900 for the aad drag pack and dirs brace installed and aligned.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
If you want to DYI the alignment yourself buy their kit #416412, like I use. Looks like the cost is $370 now. Adjust camber, caster up front if you want and then of course, toe.

https://quicktrickalignment.com/product/4thgen/

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
HARD PAUSE.

AAD will not advise you on what tabs to use. They recommend tabs to start with, the only correct and proper way to get the arms dialed in is an alignment shop. Many people have advocated for this in the thread. Once again, the correct and proper way.

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #19
HARD PAUSE.

AAD will not advise you on what tabs to use. They recommend tabs to start with, the only correct and proper way to get the arms dialed in is an alignment shop. Many people have advocated for this in the thread. Once again, the correct and proper way.
Hmm, interesting. Very good to know. I have read that AAD customer support can provide a recommendation after install and alignment readings, which was my entire reason for asking. Good information

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
That is pretty genius, how did he align it without tabs in it though? Figured it would all be too loose
An alignment is $99 or $189 for lifetime. In my case I did lifetime as I wasn't sure if I'd wanna swap tabs back and forth between street and strip setups. In the end I left the strip setup in the car and it drove fine other than wanting to follow the crown of the road if there was a seam in the pavement.

Apparently the alignment machines are very sensitive. The tech demonstrated to me simply putting his ink pen on the tire would case a change. He'd get it set where I wanted, tighten the bolts and put a shim in the arm, install the tab, and recheck. He'd done a couple of these.