Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

OLD GUYS WILL REMEMBER THESE

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I meant to frame that around the 1934 ban but got lost in the sauce, which would have reinforced the availability in 1927 but then the significant change to secure firearms in the 30s. I thought the shotgun thing was in the 20s, which I mentioned to show that it started with 1… and then quickly escalated.
In the late 50's and early 60's. pretty much anyone could mail order surplus WWI and WW2 arms and ammo including Mausers, Cercanos, Scandinavian 6.5’s, Lugers, P38’s, Government 45’s, M1 Carbines (I don’t know the full list!) all at bargain basement prices! I was in a gun store in a CHI suburb in the early 90's, and they had a pile of Enfield 303's for $89! I almost bought one! (I should have!!!)

Back in the day I watched a show (I think 60 Minutes with Dan Rather) and he went into a gun store in Texas and bought a 37mm anti-tank gun, AND ammo! Put it in the bed of a pick-up and waited for a cop to walk by and ask if it were all legal, cop said yes. Then he took it somewhere an fired it.

The school shootings started what, 50 years later?

Obvious conclusion: Yes, it is the “easy access” to “military grade firearms” that is the problem.

Scottie, beam me up!

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Leftists claim civilians don't need fully automatic weapons, or grenades, or tanks, etc. because only the military needs them. What leftists fail to understand is the whole point of the Second Amendment is to enable the citizens to fight back against a tyrannical government. In order for that to be true, the citizens have to have the same weapons the government does. The point of all these gun control laws is to eviscerate the Second Amendment and prevent citizens from being on even terms with the government.
Imagine current libs confronting abusive foreign rule like in 1776. Back then, they were all packed up and put on ships back to the homeland!

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
People also forget when this country was founded civilians were required to bring their own firearms and ammunition to muster training! As stated earlier there was no standing army, the civilians were the army, hence the need for the militia

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #64
Leftists claim civilians don't need fully automatic weapons, or grenades, or tanks, etc. because only the military needs them. What leftists fail to u:giggle:ent.
Your right....now where can I get my hands on a tank...and some surface to air rockets...and throw in a case of C4 for good measure...I have a local town counsel that need some straightening out:giggle::giggle::giggle:;)

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #65
Imagine current libs confronting abusive foreign rule like in 1776. Back then, they were all packed up and put on ships back to the homeland!
I'd like to see these Idiots run their mouths in just about ANY other country...like China...Iran..Russia..etc..they'd disappear like a magic show:mad::mad:

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States